Capturing special moments is something we know a lot about here at Hallmark. We also know that putting a baby in the picture can be a challenge for even the most experienced photographers (and we take a LOT of baby pictures). But not to worry…if you have a camera and a love of extreme cuteness, you’re ready for action, says Hallmark photo stylist, Danielle Mousley. Here are a few of her techniques for creating memorable photos of your little ones:
Inspired? Create and share with #MyHallmark.
- Make the talent happy. Where does baby usually like to hang out? In the crib? In the high chair? On the floor? A familiar space will help your little model act natural.
- Don’t wake the baby. Nap time can be prime time for sweet, sleepy shots.
- Cut! Even the pros need a break now and then. Short sessions help prevent meltdowns.
- Play the fool. Making silly faces is a small price to pay for that winning grin.
- Play around with perspective. Get up close. Shoot from above. Lie on the ground. Have fun with it.
- Capture the details. You know your baby from head to tiny toes, so focus on all those parts you love so much—little ears, fingers, tummy, nose.
- Just keep snapping. No need for the old “1-2-3…cheese” method. The more photos you take, the happier you’ll be with the results.
- Roll with it. That pout or scream just might end up being your favorite shot.
- Give it a personal touch. Dress your cutie in a favorite outfit or lay them on a blanket from someone special.