Hand lettering is hot right now. It can be a little trickier than it looks, so watch our Cocktails & Lettering episodes below if you’re ready to learn more about the art of lettering. It’s also a great excuse to invite a few friends over, so we’ve included party ideas, finger-friendly party food, and cocktail recipes to help you host the perfect get-together or girls’ night in.
Inspired? Create and share with #MyHallmark.
- Assortment of pencils, pens and markers (from thick to thin)
- Tracing paper
- Hand lettering alphabet for tracing
- Lettering tips printable from Hallmark Lettering Artist Lynn Guinta
- Lined or graph paper to use as guides (check out these lined paper templates from my friend Ana)
- Finger-friendly snacks and cocktails (recipes below)
- Hostess tip: Give each guest a copy of our lettering tips to get those creative juices flowing.
Smoky and savory + sweet and simple = Shannon’s crazy good cheese and cracker appetizers! This easy recipe features five layers of goodness: Ritz crackers, BBQ sauce, smoked beef brisket, smoked blue cheese and a drizzle of honey.
Cream cheese, bacon, jalapeños, ranch seasoning and pretzel sticks combine to create these perfectly poppable mini cheese balls. If you don’t want to roll out all the balls, you can spread the mixture in a dish and top with the pecan-bacon mixture for easy dipping. If you’re SUPER lazy, you can just mix it all in a bowl and eat it with a spoon. #worthit
Mix things up and give these fun spaghetti and meatball skewers a whirl. This is a one-bite appetizer, depending on how big your mouth is. But getting all the flavors together is worth a try. Simple, saucy and oh-so good!