15 graduation quotes

Congratulate with honors with these 15 graduation quotes

Celebrate your favorite grad’s milestone with the wit and wisdom of Hallmark writers, fans and others. We’ve rounded up a variety of inspirational quotes and timeless tidbits of advice that will help you sound profound, sincere or just plain funny. Just save one (or several) of these short quotes to your desktop, then post, tweet or email them to offer the graduate a little encouragement to follow their dreams, no matter what.

Inspired? Create and share with #hallmark.

  • Graduation Quote #1:
    Love what you do… Do what you love
    Graduation Quote: Love what you do… Do what you love
  • Graduation Quote #2:
    Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. — John Wooden
    Graduation Quote: Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. — John Wooden
  • Graduation Quote #3:
    Always wear your thinking cap with your party shoes. — Denise Keller, Waukesha, Wisconsin
    Graduation Quote: Always wear your thinking cap with your party shoes. — Denise Keller, Waukesha, Wisconsin
  • Graduation Quote #4:
    As you step out on your own, remember one thing—I’ll stalk you if I don’t hear from you. Love, Mom — Katherine Covey, Ninilchik, Alaska
    Graduation Quote: As you step out on your own, remember one thing—I’ll stalk you if I don’t hear from you. Love, Mom — Katherine Covey, Ninilchik, Alaska
  • Graduation Quote #5:
    The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time. — Abraham Lincoln
    Graduation Quote: The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time. — Abraham Lincoln
  • Graduation Quote #6:
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. — Eleanor Roosevelt
    Graduation Quote: The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. — Eleanor Roosevelt
  • Graduation Quote #7:
    Nobody else’s footsteps lead exactly where you’re going.
    Graduation Quote: Nobody else’s footsteps lead exactly where you’re going.
  • Graduation Quote #8:
    Attitude is the master key to life’s little locks.
    Graduation Quote: Attitude is the master key to life’s little locks.
  • Graduation Quote #9:
    Your future can be decided in two easy steps: 1. Find your dream. 2. Chase it.
    Graduation Quote: Your future can be decided in two easy steps: 1. Find your dream. 2. Chase it.
  • Graduation Quote #10:
    The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. — Ayn Rand
    Graduation Quote: The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. — Ayn Rand
  • Graduation Quote #11:
    Remember, while traveling the road to success, it’s fun to get a little lost along the way.
    Graduation Quote: Remember, while traveling the road to success, it’s fun to get a little lost along the way.
  • Graduation Quote #12:
    Your future doesn’t lie ahead of you, waiting to happen. It lies deep inside of you, waiting to be discovered.
    Graduation Quote: Your future doesn’t lie ahead of you, waiting to happen. It lies deep inside of you, waiting to be discovered.
  • Graduation Quote #13:
    You’re better off having a sense of humor than a plan. — Kristen Giblin, Aberdeen, New Jersey
    Graduation Quote: You’re better off having a sense of humor than a plan. — Kristen Giblin, Aberdeen, New Jersey
  • Graduation Quote #14:
    Those that don’t got it, can’t show it. Those that got it, can’t hide it. — Zora Neale Hurston
    Graduation Quote: Those that don’t got it, can’t show it. Those that got it, can’t hide it. — Zora Neale Hurston
  • Graduation Quote #15:
    One of life’s great rules is this: The more you give, the more you get. — William H. Danforth
    Graduation Quote: One of life’s great rules is this: The more you give, the more you get. — William H. Danforth
  • Credits:
  • Some quotes excerpted from Congrats, Grad! Wisdom and Inspiration to Celebrate Your Success and She’s Graduating! Advice and Wisdom from 77 Friends of Hallmark, both published by Hallmark Gift Books, a division of Hallmark Cards, Inc., Copyright © Hallmark Licensing, LLC. Lettering by Tobe Reed.