Refresh your black bean dip with an Asian twist. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by how easy this addictive appetizer is to make. Just use a blender or food processor to create this deliciously dippable mixture of black beans, fresh ginger, garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce and a few other ingredients, and then serve it with fresh wonton chips. These simple wonton chips are scrumptious baked or fried—and are the perfect accompaniment to this fresh and flavorful black bean dip.
Inspired? Create and share with #MyHallmark.
For the dip
For the wonton chips
For the dip
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until you get a smooth paste. If necessary, stop the blender or food processor to scrape down the sides with a spatula. After blending, some pieces of the green onions will still be visible.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with black or white sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
- Serve with baked or fried wonton chips.
For the chips
- To bake, preheat oven to 400°F and cut wonton wrappers into small triangles. Spray chips lightly with olive or canola oil, sprinkle with sea salt, and arrange in a single layer on a foil- or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- To fry, heat oil on stovetop or in fryer to 400°F and fry until golden. Drain on paper towel and sprinkle with sea salt.
Tip: After chips have cooled, they can be stored in a plastic storage bag for several days.