Eggplants have been long admired for their beauty and unique texture, taste and range of health benefits. In this deliciously different appetizer recipe, sauteed Japanese eggplants provide the foundation for our crave-able caponata dip infused with fresh Asian flavors. Serve this Asian Caponata recipe with sesame or rice crackers or with wonton chips.
Inspired? Create and share with #MyHallmark.
- Stir soy sauce, vinegar, rice wine, sugar, chili flakes and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Steam eggplant until tender when pierced with a knife, 6 to 8 minutes, in batches.
- Heat wok or sauté pan. Add canola oil, garlic and ginger. Stir-fry 10 seconds.
- Cut steamed eggplant into cubes and add to stir-fry mixture. Stir-fry 20 seconds.
- Stir in reserved sauce and cook until sauce is thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drizzle with sesame oil.
- Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with scallions. Serve warm or cold.