Delight your taste buds with these crispy pulled pork sandwiches infused with fresh Asian flavors. Our easy Pulled Pork Sliders recipe calls for slowly cooking a pork shoulder several hours until the meat is easily shredded with a fork and then sautéing the tender bits of meat until the edges are crispy. Serve these pork slider appetizers with our deliciously dippable Thai basil chimichurri—this garlicky green sauce is so good you’ll want to eat it with a spoon!
Inspired? Create and share with #hallmark.
For the sliders
For the chimichurri
- Place the soy sauce, chili powder, 5-spice, garlic and ginger in a large slow cooker and mix together well to create a paste.
- Place pork shoulder in the slow cooker and, using your hands, massage the spice mixture all over the pork.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or until the meat is so tender you can shred it with a fork.
- Heat sesame oil in a large sauté pan, add shredded pork, and sauté until the edges get crispy.
- Coat inside of buns with sesame oil or melted butter and toast in a sauté pan.
- Stack shredded pork, cucumber and carrots to assemble slider.
- To make the chimichurri, combine all of the ingredients in a food processor until you have a nice paste, similar to pesto. Adjust seasonings to your taste. Serve with the sliders for dipping.
*If you can’t find Chinese black vinegar, you can substitute with another ¼ cup of red wine vinegar.