Give out some cheesy gold stars to your brightest minds with these fast and easy homemade crackers. You only need 5 simple ingredients and a star-shaped cookie cutter to whip up this tasty cheese cracker appetizer. (Tip: They're even more amazing with a dab of sweet jalapeño jelly.)
Inspired? Create and share with #hallmark.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Layer the first 5 ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the water and pulse until the mixture forms a ball of dough.
- Remove the dough from the processor and pat into a circle onto plastic wrap. Wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Roll chilled dough onto a floured surface until ⅛ inch thick. Cut star shapes with the cookie cutter. Dip cutter in flour to prevent sticking, if necessary.
- Bake stars on parchment-paper-covered baking sheets 15 to 18 minutes or until crisp.
- Cool on wire racks.