Keep your herd happy all through the holidays with these sweet, salty and oh-so-simple popcorn recipes. Our easy Reindeer Crunch Popcorn recipe starts with microwave popcorn. Then choose from 3 varieties of merry mix-ins to accommodate your family's tastes. Just be sure to make plenty, because after one bite of this festive popcorn mix, it’s hard to stop!
Inspired? Create and share with #hallmark.
- Spread the popcorn in a single layer over a parchment or foil-covered cookie sheet.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds to prevent burning. If the chocolate is too thick, add up to 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to thin the chocolate to a pourable consistency.
- Pour the white chocolate over the popcorn. With clean hands, toss the popcorn to distribute the chocolate. Sprinkle with toffee chips.
- Stir the popcorn every 15 minutes for about 45 minutes to an hour, breaking up any clumps with a spoon or your hands.
- After the chocolate has hardened, break up the mini pretzels and stir them into the mix along with the M&M’S®.
Tip: To remove un-popped kernels from your popcorn, place the popcorn in a bowl, and then cover the bowl with a cooling rack. Tip the bowl upside down over a trashcan and shake. All of the un-popped kernels should fall through.
- Add cranberries and shelled pistachios for some holiday color.
- Go nutty and trade out the plain M&M’S® for salted almonds and peanut butter M&M’S®.
- Trail mix it up with some dried apricot bits and cashews—and replace a cup of the salted mini pretzels with chocolate-covered pretzels.