on February 28, 2017
Inspired by Thai curry, these aren’t your ordinary deviled eggs. Dairy-free and packed with flavor, these creamy snacks have a bit of heat and are finished with crunchy peanuts.
Yield: 10 deviled eggs
Inspired? Create and share with #hallmark.
5 Large Eggs
1 Tbsp Coconut Cream
½ tsp Thai Curry Paste (red or yellow)
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 Red Jalapeño, thinly sliced
1 sprig Cilantro, leaves torn
2 Tbsp Peanuts
- Place eggs in a saucepan. Fill with water to cover eggs by about 2 inches.
- Place over high heat. When water begins to boil, remove pan from heat. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Transfer eggs to a strainer and run under tap water until cool enough to handle.
- Peel eggs and slice in half. Gently separate yolks from eggs, taking care not to break the whites.
- Transfer yolks to a mixing bowl and mash with a fork until crumbled. Add coconut cream and Thai curry paste and continue to mash until smooth (add a bit more coconut cream if needed to bring it all together). Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon yolk mixture into egg whites (you can also place the yolk mixture into a plastic bag, clip the end off, and squeeze it into the whites).
- Top each egg with the sliced Jalapeño, a few cilantro leaves, and a peanut.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.