This Filipino dessert sweetens any table it graces. Bibingka is a rice flour cake from the Philippines traditionally eaten during the holiday season. Rice flour, cream of coconut and crushed pineapple give the soft, spongy cake its distinctive flavor. After tasting it, you may decide to make Bibingka part of your holiday tradition as well.
Inspired? Create and share with #hallmark.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9-by-13-inch pan.
- Mix together the cream cheese and sugar, adding eggs 1 at a time until incorporated.
- Add all remaining ingredients except 2 tablespoons sugar and stir until smooth.
- Pour batter into pan and sprinkle with granulated sugar (optional).
- Bake 1 hour. Cool completely. Cut into squares to serve.
Because my wife is from the Philippines and spent most of her life there, I wanted to start a tradition during Christmas of having a wonderful dessert that would remind her of home. She decided that bibingka, a Philippine rice flour cake traditionally eaten during the holiday season, would be the perfect Christmas dessert tradition.