Make ’em swoon with these simple chocolate-dipped spoons made for stirring in some sweetness. Milk chocolate and white chocolate chips are melted and then scooped into spoons to create perfect portions of chocolate-coated bliss made for swirling in coffee or hot cocoa.
Inspired? Create and share with #hallmark.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt a third of the milk chocolate chips. Because chocolate burns easily, melt it slowly, stirring at 30-second intervals. If the chocolate is too stiff, thin it with a little vegetable oil. (Add a teaspoon at a time and stir until it’s the consistency you want.) Pour the chocolate mixture into a squeeze bottle using the funnel (optional). Lay a sheet of waxed paper on a flat surface and carefully squeeze chocolate into X and O shapes on the paper. Set aside and let dry. Rinse out funnel.
- Repeat Step 1 with a third of the white chocolate chips and remaining squeeze bottle.
- Gather 6 to 8 of the spoons and a baking sheet covered with more waxed paper. Melt the remaining milk chocolate chips, adding vegetable oil if necessary. With the first spoon, scoop out a very slightly heaping spoonful of chocolate and then set the spoon down onto the waxed paper with the handle of the spoon perched on the edge of the baking sheet (to keep the chocolate from spilling off of the spoon). Repeat for the remaining spoons.
- Repeat Step 3 with the remaining white chocolate chips and spoons.
- Carefully lift the hardened X and O chocolate shapes and place them atop the chocolate spoons before the spoons are completely hardened. Transfer baking sheet of spoons to the refrigerator to harden completely, up to 1 hour.