Nothing beats the smooth, creamy taste of cheesecake. Hallmark's Classic Cheesecake recipe delivers on taste and texture. Chances are, this will become your go-to recipe for Classic Cheesecake. The sweetened sour cream topping and crust made from vanilla wafers crumbs complete the fantastic cheesecake experience.
Inspired? Create and share with #hallmark.
For the Crust and Filling
For Sour Cream Topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together vanilla wafer crumbs, butter and ⅓ cup sugar.
- Press into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until set, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack while making filling.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, ⅔ cup sugar, salt, eggs and vanilla until completely smooth, about 5 minutes.
- . Pour over vanilla wafer crust and bake for 30 minutes. Turn off oven and allow cheesecake to cool in oven to prevent cracking on surface, about 1 hour.
- After cheesecake has cooled, remove from oven, cover in foil and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- . Carefully remove chilled cheesecake from springform pan. Use a small, offset spatula around the edges to help sides from sticking.
- In a small bowl, make sour cream topping. Mix together sour cream, sugar and vanilla, spread over top of cheesecake, and serve.
Makes 12 servings