Give your leftover Thanksgiving cranberry sauce a tasty makeover with this Cranberry Bar recipe. It doesn’t matter what type of cranberry sauce (whole berry or jellied) you use for this recipe, but a traditional Thanksgiving cooked sauce works great. It is mixed almonds, eggs, brown sugar and other ingredients and added to a shortbread crust to create a memorable dessert.
Inspired? Create and share with #hallmark.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the sides of an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Make the crust: In a food processor, combine the flour and granulated sugar. Add the butter, and pulse until evenly combined.
- Press the mixture into the baking pan, and bake for 35 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven to add the topping, but leave the oven on.
- Meanwhile, make the topping: In a bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the eggs and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Stir in the cranberry sauce and almonds.
- Pour the topping over the cooked shortbread bottom, and return it to the oven for 40 to 45 minutes, until set and evenly browned on top.
- Let cool completely in the pan on a rack before cutting into 12 bars