Looking for a no-bake Valentine's Day treat? These Cupid's Arrow Sugar Cookies hit the mark...or, target. Start with premade sugar cookies, and then follow our simple step-by-step instructions to create cute fondant circles that look look like a bull's eye target when stacked. Top each cookie with an adorable paper straw arrow to complete this Cupid-worthy treat.
Inspired? Create and share with #hallmark.
- Spoon the marshmallow crème into the bowl of a food processor. Add powdered sugar and pulse until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Remove a fourth of the fondant and shape into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and set aside.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to the remaining fondant to create a light pink color; pulse to combine, and then remove another fourth of fondant from the mixture in the food processor. Wrap and set aside.
- Repeat Step 3 twice more with the remaining fondant to create a darker pink and a red color.
- Roll out the red fondant on a flat surface to ⅛-inch thickness. Add small amounts of powdered sugar to prevent sticking, if necessary. Cut out rounds of various sizes from fondant and set aside.
- Repeat Step 5 with the lighter shades of fondant.
- Layer fondant circles atop sugar cookies to form a bull’s-eye pattern, rolling layers together evenly to adhere.
- To make the arrows, start with purchased paper straws in Valentine’s Day colors.
- Cut 3 small triangles from scrapbook paper for each straw.
- Fringe one long edge on each triangle.
- Cut slits in 3 sides of each straw and insert the non-fringed side of each paper triangle into a slit.
- Then add the straws to the centers of your bull’s-eye cookies.