Em's Rolled Sugar Cookie recipe will become your go-to recipe for all of your sugar cookies. The dough is easy to shape and decorate...and delicious, of course. We used it to complete our Halloween Monster Cupcakes. It also works well for any shaped holiday cookies you want to make.
Inspired? Create and share with #MyHallmark.
- Cut butter into 6 pieces.
- In a large bowl, with a mixer, beat together the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the butter mixture, and mix until dough forms.
- Divide dough in half, and pat each half into a thick disk.
- Wrap the dough disks in plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, preheat oven 375˚F.
- Working with one disk at a time, roll the cold dough out 1/8-inch thick. Then cut cookies. (Make sure to sprinkle a little flour on the dough before rolling.)
- Bake for 6 to 10 minutes or until the cookies are golden.