In many British families, mince pies are a staple at holiday gatherings. Using this Mincmeat Tart recipe, you can get a taste of England without spending hours in the kitchen. This time-saving variation uses prepared pie crust and prepared mincemeat to create dainty tarts. Everyone will fancy a taste.
Inspired? Create and share with #hallmark.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine mincemeat and lemon peel, and mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out piecrust to ⅛-inch thickness. Cut into 4-inch rounds. Set aside scraps.
- Press rounds into the bottom and up sides of muffin cups to make the tart shells.
- Fill ⅔ of each muffin cup with mincemeat.
- Roll out piecrust scraps and cut into star shapes or strips. Place atop tarts in a pretty design.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until lightly browned. Let cool, and then remove from pan.