A crisp is similar to a cobbler, except that it has a topping sprinkled evenly over the fruit that bakes to create a crunchy topping. In our Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp recipe, sweet strawberries and tart rhubarb bubble up under a crispy brown sugar and nut topping. With or without a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream, this simple summertime dessert is sure to please!
Inspired? Create and share with #MyHallmark.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, toss together strawberries, rhubarb, sugar and lemon juice. Transfer to a 9-inch, square baking pan.
- In a food processor or by hand, combine flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Pulse or mix to blend.
- Add butter and pulse or combine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add nuts and stir. Sprinkle mixture over fruit.
- Bake 55 minutes or until fruit is bubbling and topping is crisp and golden brown. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.