In our Coconut Shortbread Cookie recipe, we've added a taste of the tropics to the ever-popular shortbread cookie. After following the simple recipe to make the shortbread, you dip half of each cookie in melted white chocolate and shredded coconut. No one has to know how easy it was to create these lovely Coconut Shortbread Cookies!
Inspired? Create and share with #MyHallmark.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour and salt in a medium-size bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar. Mix in vanilla.
- Slowly mix in flour mixture until dough starts to come together.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and form into a flat disk. Chill for 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough ½ inch thick. Cut the cookies using a 3-inch round scalloped cutter.
- Place on prepared sheet pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the edges begin to brown. Cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl over simmering water, melt chocolate. This can also be done in the microwave, just make sure you watch it closely since it can burn quickly.
- Dip half cookie in white chocolate and then into shredded coconut. Cool completely on sheet pans.
Makes 15 cookies