Latkes are a symbolic food, a Jewish reminder of the miracle of Hanukkah. Opting for sweet potatoes rather than white potatoes in our latke recipe may help us feel healthier, if not holier. Sweet potatoes provide lots of vitamin A and have more vitamin C than white potatoes. But we think you'll prefer these Sweet Potato Latkes based on their taste alone.
Inspired? Create and share with #hallmark.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Heat oil in a skillet until hot.
- Spoon batter into skillet and flatten, forming small pancakes.
- Fry on both sides until brown.
- Drain and serve with your favorite topping.