A touch of curry powder brings out the natural sweetness of pumpkin in this smooth, pretty Pumpkin Soup. Whether you serve it for dinner on a fall evening, as an appetizer for friends and family or as a side dish at your Thanksgiving gathering, everyone will enjoy the creamy goodness of this Pumpkin Soup.
Inspired? Create and share with #hallmark.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add leeks and carrots, and sauté until tender, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, pumpkin purée, coconut milk, curry powder, ginger and garlic powder. Salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Carefully transfer half the mixture to a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. (When blending hot food, be sure to create an opening for steam to escape and cover with a clean kitchen towel.)
- Return puréed soup to the pot and stir to heat through.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a sprig of fresh parsley or cilantro.