Flowers are blooming, students are graduating and moms are getting some well-deserved appreciation. What a fabulous month! So it’s time to flip the calendar page, check out May holidays and observances, and start thinking about who we’re connecting with this month. And we’ve shared some ideas to help you celebrate.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @Hallmark.
Taurus (April 20–May 20)
Gemini (May 21-June 20)
Grab your calendar and a notepad. We’ve listed holidays below for you to add (and make lists of people you want to send cards, letters and gifts to). For your personal list, think about:
- Weddings and anniversaries
- New babies and showers
- New jobs, promotions and retirements
- Thank-you notes
- Special events
- People you’re thinking about or praying for
- Folks you’ve been meaning to get in touch with
- Friends who need some extra care
Time to stock up?
Do you need:
May is Asian American and Pacific Islanders Heritage Month.
May is Jewish American Heritage Month.
- Shop graduation cards
- Shop graduation gifts, decorations and wrap
- See what to write in a graduation card
- See what to write in a graduation thank-you note
- Browse decorations and more graduation ideas
Asian American and Pacific Islanders Heritage Month
- What is Asian American and Pacific Islanders Heritage Month?
- Shop Eight Bamboo, celebrating the rich Chinese and Chinese-American culture with greeting cards and gifts for holidays and milestone moments.
- Shop Golden Thread, a line of greeting cards and gifts for special occasions and everyday moments. It reflects the genuine joy of Indian celebrations and holidays.
Jewish American Heritage Month
- What is Jewish American Heritage Month?
- Shop Tree of Life, celebrating the Jewish faith with greeting cards and gifts for holidays, milestones and celebrations.
National Military Appreciation Month
- What are the military appreciation holidays?
- Shop Military Appreciation cards
- Shop Military Appreciation gifts
- See what to write in a Military Appreciation card
National Mental Health Month
Teacher Appreciation Week is May 3-7.
Nurses Week is May 6-12.
Teacher Appreciation Week
- What is Teacher Appreciation Week?
- Shop Teacher Appreciation cards
- Shop Teacher Appreciation gifts
- See appreciation ideas that mean the most to educators
- Browse crafts and more Teacher Appreciation ideas
Teacher Appreciation Day
Star Wars Day (May the Fourth be with you.)
- Shop Star Wars gifts
Cinco de Mayo
National Day of Prayer
- Find ways to show gratitude for health care professionals
Mother’s Day is May 9.
Thank Moms for all they are and everything they do.
- What is Mother’s Day?
- Shop cards
- Shop gifts
- What to write in a Mother’s Day card
- When Mother’s Day is hard—how to support those who are hurting
May is National Military Appreciation Month: May 15 is Armed Forces Day and May 31 is Memorial Day.
National Brother’s Day is May 24.
National Brother’s Day
National Wine Day
- Shop wine glasses and tumblers
- Discover a lot more wine-related stuff
- See what pairs best with Hallmark Channel movies
Give Mom a little something
Get some ideas here.
Celebrate spring by bedecking your screens with rich colors and an empowering statement about women. Download your free May 2021 digital wallpapers below.
The month of May is Jewish American Heritage Month (JAHM), and it’s a perfect time to celebrate the significant co...
It can be tough to come up with gift ideas for Mom. Most of us want to give her something meaningful: a gift that ...