Grilled cheese sandwiches are just fine left whole or sliced corner to corner. But grilled cheese goes gourmet in Shannon's really rich and extra-tasty version—making it perfect for bite-sized bits of easy, cheesy goodness at your next party. We promise that these Grilled Cheese Appetizers will be as popular as the savory suppertime staple. Besides, putting any food on a toothpick makes it more fun!
Inspired? Create and share with #MyHallmark.
- Warm skillet to medium.
- Prepare sandwich by putting slices of cheese between slices of bread.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the pan.
- Place sandwich in the skillet and cook until brown around the edges on the bottom.
- Remove sandwich and melt additional butter.
- When butter is melted, place other side of sandwich down in skillet.
- Sandwich is done when bottom side is equally toasty.
- When sandwich cools, cut into squares and add serving sticks.
*For a super-fancy, extra-tasty version, substitute this ginger-scallion butter for regular butter. In a small bowl, beat 4 tablespoons of room-temperature butter with 2 scallions (thinly sliced or minced), 1 minced garlic clove and 1 heaping teaspoon of finely grated, peeled fresh ginger. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.