Kale is a superfood and people love bacon. Its a match made in heaven. This kale salad with bacon dressing is the perfect dish for a fall family gathering. Pumpkin seeds provide a little fall crunch on top of hearty kale leaves along with some creamy goat cheese crumbles.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging #MyHallmark.
- Wash kale, remove stems, and thinly slice leaves.
- Cook the bacon pieces until crispy in a large skillet over medium high heat. Remove cooked bacon bits to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Add olive oil to the remaining bacon grease and sauté the shallot until softened.
- Add the Dijon mustard, brown sugar and cider vinegar.
- Add the chopped kale, and turn in the pan until slightly wilted.
- Remove to platter and top with dates, pumpkin seeds and crumbled goat cheese.