This deliciously different homemade ice cream recipe is sweetened by local wildflower honey and perfumed with a subtle hint of farm-fresh lavender. A scoop of this Honey-Lavender Ice Cream is simply heavenly on our warm Roasted Peach Skillet Cobbler or your favorite fall fruit crisp.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @hallmarkstores.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the milk, cream, lemon zest, lavender flowers and honey. Heat to a bare simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and cover. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks. Slowly whisk the cream mixture into the yolks, and then pour everything back into the saucepan.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly and scraping the bottom as you stir. Gently cook until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, about 4 minutes.
- Pour the custard through a fine-mesh strainer into a clean container. Stir in the salt and vanilla extract.
- Place the container in an ice bath and stir occasionally until it is cool, about 20 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Churn the ice cream according to the ice cream manufacturer’s instructions; transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm.