Easter desserts don't come any cuter than our Pudding Pie Baskets. And this mini pie recipe comes together quickly thanks to pre-made piecrusts and instant pudding. We used lemon pudding for our pie filling, but pistachio or vanilla would work just as well. Jelly beans make the perfect "eggs" for these sweet Easter basket pudding pies.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @hallmarkstores.
- Make the pudding according to the instructions on the box and refrigerate until needed.
- Using the flower cookie cutter, cut out 8 to 10 flowers from the piecrusts and place each flower carefully in a muffin tin cup coated with nonstick spray. Overlap the petals to form the basket “bowl” and press together lightly. Bake according to piecrust instructions and let cool.
- For the basket handles, with the remaining piecrust dough, cut out 2, ½-inch-by-4-inch strips for each basket with a pizza cutter or knife. Twist 2 strips together and place on a greased baking sheet in a “U” shape that’s slightly narrower than the diameter of the muffin cups. Repeat this step for the remaining handles. You might want to make a few extra, in case of breakage.
- Bake the handles at the same temperature as the baskets but watch them closely. Turn them over halfway during the baking process to brown them evenly. Remove when golden brown and let cool.
- Add a few tablespoons of pudding to each basket until baskets are ½ to ¾ full. Then insert the ends of each handle into the pudding in each basket.
- Garnish with jelly beans (optional).