Our Strawberries with Balsamic Vinegar recipe takes simple vanilla ice cream to a whole new dessert level. Made with balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, pepper, allspice and sliced strawberries, this deliciously different strawberry topping can be used to add a sweet-savory spin to a variety of dishes: ice cream, pound cake, chicken, pork loin, steak and more. We've included several tasty twists for these quick and easy balsamic strawberries so you can mix things up all summer long.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @hallmarkstores.
- In small saucepan, combine vinegar, brown sugar, pepper and allspice. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil until mixture is thick, syrupy and reduced to ½ cup, about 12 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Place strawberry slices in large bowl, add cooled syrup, and toss to coat berries. Serve over ice cream.
- Serve over rice pudding or toasted slices of pound cake.
- Use a deeply flavored honey in the syrup instead of the brown sugar.
- Serve as a sweet-savory sauce with broiled flank steak, grilled chicken or roast pork loin.