Flank steak was made for stir-frying. In this quick and easy stir-fry recipe, a soy sauce and sherry marinade seasons tender flank steak while asparagus, carrots and ginger are cooked over a high heat. When it's time to add the marinated steak strips, it's time to gather the family around the table for a delicious steak stir-fry dinner. Healthy, tasty and fast—this flank steak recipe delivers!
Inspired? Create and share with #MyHallmark.
- Cut steak lengthwise (with the grain) into 3 strips and then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- In large bowl, blend 1½ tablespoons cornstarch with 2 tablespoons cold water. Add 1½ tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and sherry, and 1 teaspoon sugar. Add meat, tossing to coat.
- Meanwhile, in cup, mix 2 teaspoons cornstarch with 3 tablespoons cold water. Stir in 1½ tablespoons soy sauce and 2 teaspoons sugar and sesame oil. Set aside.
- In large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over high heat. Stir-fry asparagus and carrots 1 minute. Add ginger, garlic and 1 cup water. Cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in beef and marinade; cook 2 minutes. Add sauce; cook 2 minutes, until sauce is thickened.