3rd wedding anniversary gift ideas
Read on for unique ideas for giving 3rd anniversary gifts—as well writing anniversary messages and celebrating the happy occasion.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @hallmarkstores.
3rd anniversary gifts and ideas for spouses
- For a natural, casual accessory, give a bracelet of braided leather.
- A blank journal with a leather cover is a great gift for anyone who likes to write.
- A pair of wine or cocktail glasses is convenient for toasting your first year together.
- Get them a leather jacket that’s as cool as they are Well, almost as cool.
- Or surprise them with a pricey, impractical pair of shoes or or bag they’ve had their eyes on.
- Make that glassware duo high-end—or find a crystal decanter for your favorite adult beverage.
What to write
What to write in a 3rd anniversary card
- “I love being on the road of life with you—and I love how we always find adventure along the way.”
- “We can have an amazing time together, whether we’re on the vacation of a lifetime or at the DMV.”
- “Every time you walk through the front door, I still get butterflies like it’s the first time I ever saw you.”
What to write about in a 3rd anniversary love letter
- Three things they do that make you laugh
- Three small moments that had a big impact
- Three new things you’d like to try together
How to celebrate
- Write each other love letters—the more over-the-top, the better. Then store them in a leather album or portfolio because leather is the traditional third anniversary gift.
- Take a cooking class together and learn how to make your favorite food. (Bonus: Because you’re in a class, you’ll get lots of help, so it’ll definitely turn out yummy.) Toast your marriage before you dig in.
- Grab a backpack and boots and plan a hike or camping trip, and bring plenty of delicious eats and beverages to enjoy under the stars.
More ideas for anniversaries
- Don’t forget the card! No celebration is complete without a keepsake-worthy card with a handwritten message telling your partner just how much their love means.
- For help putting your feelings into your own words, see what to write in an anniversary card and how to write a love letter.
- Check out these creative anniversary dates and anniversary traditions.
3rd anniversary gifts and ideas for friends and family
- Give leather luggage tags personalized with their names or monogram.
- Give a gift card to a shoe store. In a greeting card, add a message: “You’ve been walking side by side for three years now…time for some new shoes!”
- Grab a bottle of their favorite beverage and give it with a crystal bottle stopper.
What to write in a 3rd anniversary card
- “Wishing all the love in the world to the loveliest couple we know!”
- “Thinking back to that beautiful day three years ago…and ahead to all that’s in store for you!”
- “So happy for you and for every amazing moment you’ve shared.”
Shop 3rd Anniversary GiftsSee all
You may also likeSee more
Birthday What to write in a birthday card
Some people have no problem coming up with what to write in a birthday card. Just hand them a pen and they’ll effortl...
Father's Day The history of Father's Day and how Hallmark cards for dads have evolved
We all know Father’s Day is the holiday that falls about a month after Mother’s Day. Mostly because that’s when famil...
Father's Day Free printable Father's Day coloring pages for Dad's #1 fans
Dads take so much pride in their kids’ talents. And if you know a dad who’s been claiming his son or daughter was the...
Mother's Day Free, printable Mother's Day coloring pages to make Mom's heart melt
Moms treasure their kids’ art like no one else. So what better way to brighten up Mom’s special day than by gifting h...
Mother's Day The history of Mother’s Day: Fraught beginnings and fun facts
Ah, Mother’s Day. The one day a year we spoil the women who spoil us the other 364. I think we all can agree Mother’s...
Mother's Day Mother's Day without Mom: Remembering lost loved ones with new traditions
This Mother’s Day will be my third without my mom. She died just before Thanksgiving and Christmas in 2020, which mad...
Spring History of Administrative Professionals Day
Three people led the effort to create Administrative Professionals Day/Week: Mary Barrett, a past president of the...
Easter Easter Eggs-travaganza: Our favorite Easter egg ideas
When it comes to Easter, we think both adults AND kids deserve to have some fun and make fabulous, way-too-pretty-to-...
St. Patrick's Day Free Printable St. Patrick’s Day Coloring Pages for Your Little Leprechauns
If you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, then you know it’s all about sharing love, luck and fun. And what could be more f...
Easter Free printable Easter coloring pages to brighten up your celebration
One of the best things about Easter—in addition to faith, family and food—is all the colors. So we figured we’d throw...
Spring History of Teacher Appreciation Week
People in the United States started celebrating National Teacher Day in 1953 when Eleanor Roosevelt persuaded Cong...
Spring History of Nurses Day
In 1953, an official with the U.S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare proposed that President Dwight D. E...
Congratulations Rewards for Kids: 10 Parents Share Their Tips for Celebrating Achievements
One of the most important tools parents have to shape their kids’ behavior is the power of positive feedback. But as ...
Congratulations How to Give a Toast from the Heart
At some point in your life, you’ll need to give a toast. You might get advance notice as a Maid of Honor or host o...
Congratulations How to Say Congratulations (Even When You'd Really Rather Not)
Congratulating others is easy and fun, right? Like when your friend worked really hard and got that awesome job ma...
New Year's Guilt-Free New Year's Resolutions
“New Year’s resolutions.” To some, those words are filled with pure possibility...an invitation to start anew, comple...
New Year's New Year's Resolution Ideas for Groups
New Year’s resolutions are pretty lonely deals. It’s just you and that thing you have to live up to. Ack! No wonde...
Christmas A Christmas tribute: meaningful ways to weave memories of lost loved ones into new holiday traditions
For many of us, Christmas is the time of year when we miss our lost loved ones the most. Finding ways to memoriali...
Thanksgiving The History of Thanksgiving and Alternative Ideas for Celebrating Gratitude
Many of us in the United States have celebrated Thanksgiving through the years without knowing its origins, perhaps h...
Christmas Baby’s First Christmas Ideas
Baby's first Christmas means more fun, more cuteness, more joy...and definitely more wonder as you see the holiday se...