5th wedding anniversary gift ideas
Read on for unique ideas for giving 5th anniversary gifts—as well writing anniversary messages and celebrating the happy occasion.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @hallmarkstores.
5th anniversary gifts and ideas for your spouse
What to give
- Plant a special tree in your garden or yard and watch it grow together.
- Give your favorite picture in a wood picture frame or an anniversary-themed sentiment on mounted on wood.
- Expand your silverware collection with a fancy piece or two, like a cake or pie server and ice cream scoop or bar tools.
- If you have a yard, plant a tree. Over the years, you can watch it grow.
- Build a potting shed or gardening bench—or a tool bench or shed—or get someone to build it for you.
What to write
What to write in a 5th anniversary card
- “As time goes by, I’m more and more grateful for your love.”
- “Five years of kisses and bliss! Thanks for making me the happiest person alive.”
- “We’re halfway to ten, and I’d do it all over again.”
What to write about in a 5th anniversary love letter
- Top five moments of your marriage
- Five things only you know about your partner
- Five places you’d like to travel to together
How to celebrate
- Get in tune with nature and each other by taking a hike in the woods on the day of your anniversary.
- Create a fake magazine cover with the title “Couple of the Year, Five Years Running!” Feature a picture of you and some fun headlines only you and your partner would understand.
- Cut a rug with a couples’ dance lesson.
More ideas for anniversaries
- Don’t forget the card! No celebration is complete without a keepsake-worthy card with a handwritten message telling your partner just how much their love means.
- For help putting your feelings into your own words, see what to write in an anniversary card and how to write a love letter.
- Check out these creative anniversary dates and anniversary traditions.
5th anniversary gifts for friends and family
- Give game night a new flair with a block-stacking game like Jenga.
- What couple couldn’t use some extra cash? Here’s a creative way to give it: Crumple up fresh dollar bills to look like lettuce and put them in a wooden salad bowl.
- Consider giving them a birdhouse. Even better—look for one they can build together.
What to write in an anniversary card
- “Love like yours is an inspiration.”
- “Five years ago today, you tied the knot—and what a beautiful day that was!”
- “Sending you big hugs and even bigger wishes for a wonderful anniversary!”
Shop 5th Anniversary GiftsSee all
You may also likeSee more
Anniversary Anniversary gifts by year
There are a lot of anniversary gift lists out there. Most hit the major milestones with traditional and modern the...
Arts, Crafts & DIY How to make a DIY money lei for graduations, weddings, birthdays and more
In Hawaii, people give leis to celebrate lots of different occasions. A money lei is a great way to celebrate a gr...
Birthday What to write in a birthday card
Some people have no problem coming up with what to write in a birthday card. Just hand them a pen and they’ll effortl...
Father's Day The history of Father's Day and how Hallmark cards for dads have evolved
We all know Father’s Day is the holiday that falls about a month after Mother’s Day. Mostly because that’s when famil...
Father's Day Free printable Father's Day coloring pages for Dad's #1 fans
Dads take so much pride in their kids’ talents. And if you know a dad who’s been claiming his son or daughter was the...
Mother's Day Free, printable Mother's Day coloring pages to make Mom's heart melt
Moms treasure their kids’ art like no one else. So what better way to brighten up Mom’s special day than by gifting h...
Mother's Day The history of Mother’s Day: Fraught beginnings and fun facts
Ah, Mother’s Day. The one day a year we spoil the women who spoil us the other 364. I think we all can agree Mother’s...
Mother's Day Mother's Day without Mom: Remembering lost loved ones with new traditions
This Mother’s Day will be my third without my mom. She died just before Thanksgiving and Christmas in 2020, which mad...
Spring History of Administrative Professionals Day
Three people led the effort to create Administrative Professionals Day/Week: Mary Barrett, a past president of the...
Easter Easter Eggs-travaganza: Our favorite Easter egg ideas
When it comes to Easter, we think both adults AND kids deserve to have some fun and make fabulous, way-too-pretty-to-...
St. Patrick's Day Free Printable St. Patrick’s Day Coloring Pages for Your Little Leprechauns
If you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, then you know it’s all about sharing love, luck and fun. And what could be more f...
Easter Free printable Easter coloring pages to brighten up your celebration
One of the best things about Easter—in addition to faith, family and food—is all the colors. So we figured we’d throw...
Spring History of Teacher Appreciation Week
People in the United States started celebrating National Teacher Day in 1953 when Eleanor Roosevelt persuaded Cong...
Spring History of Nurses Day
In 1953, an official with the U.S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare proposed that President Dwight D. E...
Congratulations Rewards for Kids: 10 Parents Share Their Tips for Celebrating Achievements
One of the most important tools parents have to shape their kids’ behavior is the power of positive feedback. But as ...
Congratulations How to Give a Toast from the Heart
At some point in your life, you’ll need to give a toast. You might get advance notice as a Maid of Honor or host o...
Congratulations How to Say Congratulations (Even When You'd Really Rather Not)
Congratulating others is easy and fun, right? Like when your friend worked really hard and got that awesome job ma...
New Year's Guilt-Free New Year's Resolutions
“New Year’s resolutions.” To some, those words are filled with pure possibility...an invitation to start anew, comple...
New Year's New Year's Resolution Ideas for Groups
New Year’s resolutions are pretty lonely deals. It’s just you and that thing you have to live up to. Ack! No wonde...
Christmas A Christmas tribute: meaningful ways to weave memories of lost loved ones into new holiday traditions
For many of us, Christmas is the time of year when we miss our lost loved ones the most. Finding ways to memoriali...