We all know someone who could use a little extra care at Christmas: maybe it’s a friend going through a tough time or someone who can’t be with their loved ones during the holidays. Or maybe it’s a family member who would love a military care package or a teacher or healthcare professional who deserves a big thank-you. A Christmas care package is a personalized gift with some extra thought that can really brighten spirits.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @HallmarkStores.
A themed care package is the perfect way to show you truly appreciate your friends’ favorite hobbies or interests.
The Hallmark Channel Fan
If you know someone who’s all about Hallmark Channel, surprise them with a gift bundle that speaks right to their happy-ending-loving heart:
- A supersoft hoodie to set the vibe: “Hallmark Channel #1 Fan”
- This mug: “Christmas & Hallmark Channel. The coziest time of year.”
- These lounge pants: Comfy joggers that are way better for snuggling than running
- This popcorn bowl: “Let’s stay in and watch Hallmark Channel”
- This big-enough-for-the-whole-family throw: “This is our Hallmark Channel watching blanket”
- This adorable card with a truck that feels like it could be driven by a hometown hero
- A Christmas Village to make their mantel feel like part of a Hallmark Christmas movie
- Their favorite wine in this Hallmark Channel wine bottle sleeve: “This is my Hallmark Channel watching wine”
- Some yummy popcorn mix-ins. Check out these holiday popcorn recipes for idea
The Happy Hour Pal
For the friend who knows where to get the best cocktails and which restaurant has the best charcuterie platter, bundle their favorites:
- a bottle of wine or liquor
- a cutting board and charcuterie board ingredients: cured meats and cheeses if you’re gifting locally, or gourmet crackers, good jams or mustards and a jar of olives if you’re not
- funny cocktail napkins
The DIY Fan
If you know someone crafty, give a DIY bundle with the supplies to create their own:
- wooden ornaments
- felt stockings
- snow globes (these amazing waterless ones)
- modern wreaths (here’s a free printable for personalizing)
- macramé keychains
- woven wall-hangings
The Pet Lover
The Cat Mom or Daddy. The Dog Mom or Dog Father. You know them—and their pets. So why not make a care package for both?
The Peanuts Fan
Have any Snoopy-heads in your life? Know somebody who can quote Linus’s whole speech from A Charlie Brown Christmas? Treat them with these lovable Peanuts gifts:
- A Charlie Brown Christmas pop-up book with light and sound
- This cozy blanket featuring scenes from the classic Christmas movie
- A musical tabletop figurine of the gang celebrating the spirit of Christmas: “It’s not what’s under the Christmas tree. It’s who’s around it.”
- An interactive plush featuring a sledding Snoopy and Woodstock
- Simply adorable thank-you notes for littles (with stickers!)
- Super-comfy slippers featuring your favorite beagle
- A Peanuts notepad and pencil set for making those winter lists
There’s nothing like the holidays to bring family and friends together. Help your loved ones make lasting memories with a care package full of cute keepsakes and group activities.
Lots of Sweetness for Littles
Christmas is an incredible time of year for kids. That said, it’s a LOT of time off from school, and including every cute thing you can to keep them busy will earn you major brownie points with Mom and Dad:
- This Big/Little Mug Set for making winter morning memories
- The Spirit of Giving book featuring Young Santa (there’s a matching Keepsake Ornament!)
- A Garland of Good Deeds to make it a season of sharing and caring
- Some free Christmas coloring pages and a fresh pack of Crayola crayons
- A holiday notecard and sticker booklet set—because everything is more fun with stickers
- A jumbo Gingerbread Cookie & Milk Better Together plush set
Fun With the Family
For someone who loves spending time with family or goes on regular road trips, a family-focused care package could win Christmas.
- a Keepsake Ornament frame for a family picture (add one you find on social media)
- a fun family puzzle or game
- supplies for decorating sugar cookies or making a gingerbread house (or a kit to do either)
- an Advent or countdown calendar
- sharable snacks
- hot cocoa, candy canes for stirring and mini-marshmallows (see more ideas for mix-ins here)
- the link to one of our Spotify holiday playlists
Baby’s First Christmas
Whether they’ve just arrived or they’re already cutting their first teeth, these care package ideas will help you make baby’s first Christmas memorable for everyone:
Think about all the folks who make your life better and easier all year long: teachers, coaches, healthcare professionals, delivery folks, mail carriers and your hair stylist. One stop at the Appreciation Station in your Hallmark Gold Crown store will help you say thanks to all of them—and is the perfect start for a personalized holiday care package. You’ll find cards and ornaments designed for all of them.
- Teacher care package suggestions: Grab a gift card, their favorite treats, a teacher ornament, some good pens and pencils, notepads and stationery, helpful classroom supplies and a handwritten card from your kiddo.
- Coach care package ideas: Pair a sports-themed ornament with a card for your coach. For a sweet addition, fill a water bottle with wrapped candies and wrap it all in a box with a lanyard for a bow.
- Neighbor care package ideas: Start with a holiday card and cute neighbor ornament and add a batch of cookies or (and?) a bottle of wine. More ideas: fairy lights or candles or garden tools, gift cards to local coffee shops, or a cute keychain.
- Hairstylist care package ideas: Say thanks with a card and a stylish Signature ornament. Doubling the usual tip is the traditional gift for a stylist, but a gift is an appropriate substitute if you know what they like. Consider a box of gourmet chocolates, a bottle of their favorite adult beverage or a gift card to a nearby lunch or dinner spot.
Who doesn’t need a little comfort and joy during the holidays? If your loved one is missing someone, has a hall in need of decking, is feeling more stressed out than usual or could use some Christmas cheer, try putting some of these gifts together.
Homebody holiday spirit
One of the best parts about the holidays is getting your home juuuuust right for all the merry moments to come. Here are some gifts ideas to help them do just that:
- A Mercury Glass Candle shaped like an ornament that smells like a pine forest
- This Nutcracker Mug for sipping hot holiday beverages
- A Christmas-themed tea towel set to spread the holiday spirit into the kitchen
- A simple, but still holiday appropriate, memo pad—for gift lists, perhaps?
- And an equally cute, classic address book handy for sending those holiday cards
Comfy Cozy Package
Here are some ideas for packing a little extra warmth for someone feeling low:
- snuggly socks
- hot cocoa mix and marshmallows
- gingerbread-flavored tea
- a cute mug
- a holiday-scented candle
- a new book
- a cozy blanket or wrap
Sweet Holidays Care Package
Remind someone you think they’re sweet with sugary surprises:
- sugar or gingerbread cookies (or mix) and supplies to decorate them
- hot cocoa with candy cane stirring sticks
- Christmas candy—or any candy
- snowman peppermint bark
- milk-and-cookies-scented candle
Deck the Halls Care Package
Help someone festive-up their office, dorm room or apartment with some of these:
- bottlebrush trees or a mini tree
- pop-up Christmas cards
- wreath-making supplies (here’s a free printable for personalizing)
- snow globes
Cheers to Christmas
We call this one the “holiday survival kit”:
Once you’ve assembled all the items for your Christmas care package, add an extra touch of holiday wonder by arranging and wrapping your package in a festive way and handwriting your message in a holiday card. You’ll end up with a gift that’s not only unique, but really shows you know someone and care about them.
Christmas A Christmas tribute: meaningful ways to weave memories of lost loved ones into new holiday traditions
For many of us, Christmas is the time of year when we miss our lost loved ones the most. Finding ways to memoriali...
It’s time to make your tree show up and show out! You’ve scouted out your space, decided on the size and nature (or f...
In this first article, we’re gonna get into how to assess your space, how to choose a bomb tree within your budget, a...
Get ready for a year of merriment, brightness and Keepsake Ornaments—we just need you! Enrollment for 2023 KOC member...
Running out of gift wrap is usually a bad thing. But there’s one time of year when I get really, really excited about...