We all know someone who could use a little extra care at Christmas: maybe it’s a friend going through a tough time or someone who can’t be with their loved ones during the holidays. Or maybe it’s a family member who would love a military care package or a teacher or healthcare professional who deserves a big thank-you. A Christmas care package is a personalized gift with some extra thought that can really brighten spirits.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @HallmarkStores.
A themed care package is the perfect way to show you truly appreciate your friends’ favorite hobbies or interests.
The Hallmark Channel Fan
If you know someone who’s all about Hallmark Channel, surprise them with a gift bundle that speaks right to their happy-ending-loving heart:
- a Hallmark Channel mug or wine glass
- Hallmark Channel socks
- a popcorn bowl and a bag of gourmet popcorn—or the mix-ins for one of our taste-tested recipes
- the coziest ever blanket sweater
- one of these Hallmark Channel ornaments
- a bottle of their favorite wine in a Hallmark Channel bag
The Happy Hour Pal
For the friend who knows where to get the best cocktails and which restaurant has the best charcuterie platter, bundle their favorites:
- a bottle of wine or liquor
- a cutting board and charcuterie board ingredients: cured meats and cheeses if you’re gifting locally, or gourmet crackers, good jams or mustards and a jar of olives if you’re not
- funny cocktail napkins, like these or these or these
The DIY Fan
If you know someone crafty, give a DIY bundle with the supplies to create their own:
- wooden ornaments
- felt stockings
- snow globes (these amazing waterless ones)
- modern wreaths
- macramé keychains
- woven wall-hangings
The Pet Lover
The Cat Mom or Daddy. The Dog Mom or Dog Father. You know them—and their pets. So why not make a care package for both?
Sneak Peek for the Peanuts Fan
Does your sister love Snoopy? Can your cousin quote Linus’s whole speech from A Charlie Brown Christmas? Does a coworker pride herself on her crabbiness? Treat them with the lovable Peanuts gifts pictured above—coming this Christmas to Hallmark.com:
- A Charlie Brown Christmas pop-up book with light and sound
- this cozy blanket featuring the Peanuts gang ice-skating
- a musical tabletop figurine of the ice-skating friends
- a cute-as-can-be Snoopy pillow
- Snoopy in a parka
- a Linus snow globe with sound: “That’s what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.”
- a matching Linus mug, featuring his Christmas speech
- the coziest Snoopy socks
Think about all the folks who make your life better and easier all year long: teachers, coaches, healthcare professionals, delivery folks, mail carriers and your hair stylist. One stop at the Appreciation Station in your Hallmark Gold Crown store will help you say thanks to all of them—and is the perfect start for a personalized holiday care package. You’ll find cards and ornaments designed for all of them.
- Teacher care package suggestions: Grab a gift card, their favorite treats, a teacher ornament, some good pens and pencils, notepads and stationery, a quality mask, helpful classroom supplies and a handwritten card from your kiddo.
- Coach care package ideas: Pair a sports-themed ornament with our trophy card for your #1 coach. For a sweet addition, fill a water bottle with wrapped candies and wrap it all in a box with a lanyard for a bow.
- Neighbor care package ideas: Start with a holiday card and cute neighbor ornament and add a batch of cookies or (and?) a bottle of wine. More ideas: fairy lights or candles or garden tools, gift cards to local coffee shops, or a cute keychain.
- Hairstylist care package ideas: Say thanks with a card and a stylish Signature ornament. Doubling the usual tip is the traditional gift for a stylist, but a gift is an appropriate substitute if you know what they like. Consider a box of gourmet chocolates, a bottle of their favorite adult beverage or a gift card to a nearby lunch or dinner spot.
Who doesn’t need a little comfort and joy during the holidays? If your loved one is missing someone, has a hall in need of decking, is feeling more stressed out than usual or could use some Christmas cheer, try putting some of these gifts together.
Comfy Cozy Package
Here are some ideas for packing a little extra warmth for someone feeling low:
- snuggly socks
- hot cocoa mix and marshmallows
- cinnamon tea
- a cute mug
- a holiday-scented candle
- a new book
- a cozy blanket or wrap
Sweet Holidays Care Package
Remind someone you think they’re sweet with sugary surprises:
Deck the Halls Care Package
Help someone festive-up their office, dorm room or apartment with some of these:
- bottlebrush trees or a mini tree
- pop-up Christmas cards
- wreath-making supplies
- snow globes
Cheers to Christmas
We call this one the “holiday survival kit”:
There’s nothing like the holidays to bring family and friends together. Help your loved ones make lasting memories with a care package full of cute keepsakes and group activities.
Sneak Peek at Lots of Sweetness for Little Ones
Whether you know someone celebrating baby’s first Christmas or starting traditions with their youngest family members, you’ll find plenty to make their holidays memorable—coming soon to Hallmark.com:
- a Santa that plays peekaboo
- knit Santa hat for baby
- nativity set
- The Very First Christmas Recordable Storybook
- You Are a Gift book and plush owl
- countdown felt Christmas tree
- and lots of gifts and ornaments for Baby
Fun With the Family
For someone who loves spending time with family or goes on regular road trips, a family-focused care package could win Christmas.
- a Keepsake Ornament frame for a family picture (add one you find on social media)
- a fun family puzzle or game
- supplies for decorating sugar cookies or making a gingerbread house (or a kit to do either)
- an Advent or countdown calendar
- sharable snacks
- hot cocoa, candy canes for stirring and mini-marshmallows
- the link to a family dance party music playlist
Once you’ve assembled all the items for your Christmas care package, add an extra touch of holiday wonder by arranging and wrapping your package in a festive way and handwriting your message in a holiday card. You’ll end up with a gift that’s not only unique, but really shows you know someone and care about them.
The holidays are so very full of wonder: twinkling lights, happy music, above-average kindness to our fellow human...
Tips for offering support to friends with disabilities, suggested by people who live with a range of mental and physi...