8th wedding anniversary gift ideas
Read on for unique ideas for giving 8th anniversary gifts—as well writing anniversary messages and celebrating the happy occasion.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @hallmarkstores.
8th anniversary gifts and ideas for spouses
What to give
- Set a flowering plant in a pot out on the front step to greet them on the morning of the anniversary. Tuck a romantic card in the foliage.
- Find a gift from a local pottery shop or clay guild.
- Give something lacy. (Probably not a handkerchief.)
- Buy a ceramic sculpture for the front yard or garden—or, if you share a sense of humor, a gnome couple.
- Commission a special sculpture, container or serving piece from a local potter.
What to write
What to write in an 8th anniversary card
- “Loving you never gets old. Every day some new aspect of your personality reveals itself and surprises me in the best way.”
- “Thank you for all the ways you show your love—all the thoughtful, incredible ways you care for me.”
- “How is it possible that you’re even hotter now than when we first met? Just HOW?”
What to write about in an 8th anniversary love letter
- What our marriage means to you now, in this moment
- Eight ways you’ve changed for the better
- Eight things you love doing together
How to celebrate
- Think about eight of your favorite places around where you live, then create a scavenger hunt that leads your partner to each spot.
- Find a place where you can paint pottery together. Pottery is a traditional eighth anniversary gift. If you’re feeling really adventurous, sign up for an eight-week pottery class.
- Hire a musician you know to surprise your partner with a song.
More ideas for anniversaries
- Don’t forget the card! No celebration is complete without a keepsake-worthy card with a handwritten message telling your partner just how much their love means.
- For help putting your feelings into your own words, see what to write in an anniversary card and how to write a love letter.
- Check out these creative anniversary dates and anniversary traditions.
8th anniversary gifts and ideas for family and friends
- Send them a clay roasting dish or tagine for healthy, delicious cooking.
- Give them a set of cloth napkins, some decorative tea-towels or a funny apron and matching oven mitt.
What to write in an 8th anniversary card
- “It’s such a joy to watch your love grow through the years.”
- “You two definitely still have some new-relationship vibes going on, even though it’s been eight whole years!”
- “Wish we could celebrate with you, but we’re sure you’ll be pretty busy, wink wink.”
Shop 8th Anniversary Gifts
You may also likeSee more
Anniversary Anniversary gifts by year
There are a lot of anniversary gift lists out there. Most hit the major milestones with traditional and modern the...
Arts, Crafts & DIY How to make a DIY money lei for graduations, weddings, birthdays and more
In Hawaii, people give leis to celebrate lots of different occasions. A money lei is a great way to celebrate a gr...
Birthday What to write in a birthday card
Some people have no problem coming up with what to write in a birthday card. Just hand them a pen and they’ll effortl...
Father's Day The history of Father's Day and how Hallmark cards for dads have evolved
We all know Father’s Day is the holiday that falls about a month after Mother’s Day. Mostly because that’s when famil...
Father's Day Free printable Father's Day coloring pages for Dad's #1 fans
Dads take so much pride in their kids’ talents. And if you know a dad who’s been claiming his son or daughter was the...
Mother's Day Free, printable Mother's Day coloring pages to make Mom's heart melt
Moms treasure their kids’ art like no one else. So what better way to brighten up Mom’s special day than by gifting h...
Mother's Day The history of Mother’s Day: Fraught beginnings and fun facts
Ah, Mother’s Day. The one day a year we spoil the women who spoil us the other 364. I think we all can agree Mother’s...
Mother's Day Mother's Day without Mom: Remembering lost loved ones with new traditions
This Mother’s Day will be my third without my mom. She died just before Thanksgiving and Christmas in 2020, which mad...
Spring History of Administrative Professionals Day
Three people led the effort to create Administrative Professionals Day/Week: Mary Barrett, a past president of the...
Easter Easter Eggs-travaganza: Our favorite Easter egg ideas
When it comes to Easter, we think both adults AND kids deserve to have some fun and make fabulous, way-too-pretty-to-...
St. Patrick's Day Free Printable St. Patrick’s Day Coloring Pages for Your Little Leprechauns
If you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, then you know it’s all about sharing love, luck and fun. And what could be more f...
Easter Free printable Easter coloring pages to brighten up your celebration
One of the best things about Easter—in addition to faith, family and food—is all the colors. So we figured we’d throw...
Spring History of Teacher Appreciation Week
People in the United States started celebrating National Teacher Day in 1953 when Eleanor Roosevelt persuaded Cong...
Spring History of Nurses Day
In 1953, an official with the U.S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare proposed that President Dwight D. E...
Congratulations Rewards for Kids: 10 Parents Share Their Tips for Celebrating Achievements
One of the most important tools parents have to shape their kids’ behavior is the power of positive feedback. But as ...
Congratulations How to Give a Toast from the Heart
At some point in your life, you’ll need to give a toast. You might get advance notice as a Maid of Honor or host o...
Congratulations How to Say Congratulations (Even When You'd Really Rather Not)
Congratulating others is easy and fun, right? Like when your friend worked really hard and got that awesome job ma...
New Year's Guilt-Free New Year's Resolutions
“New Year’s resolutions.” To some, those words are filled with pure possibility...an invitation to start anew, comple...
New Year's New Year's Resolution Ideas for Groups
New Year’s resolutions are pretty lonely deals. It’s just you and that thing you have to live up to. Ack! No wonde...
Christmas A Christmas tribute: meaningful ways to weave memories of lost loved ones into new holiday traditions
For many of us, Christmas is the time of year when we miss our lost loved ones the most. Finding ways to memoriali...