Made with peanut butter, milk chocolate chips and a dash of cayenne pepper, this sweet-and-spicy popcorn mix is salty, crunchy and more than a little addictive. To make our easy Spicy Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn recipe, first drizzle on a layer of spiced-up peanut butter syrup, and then finish with a drizzle of creamy, melted chocolate chips. In just a few minutes, you can create a delicious chocolate-covered popcorn snack that wakes up your taste buds.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @hallmarkstores.
- In microwave, melt sugar and corn syrup, stirring every 30 seconds and watching carefully to prevent burning.
- Stir in the peanut butter and microwave again, stirring every 30 seconds or until peanut butter melts and mixture can be blended evenly.
- Remove from microwave; add vanilla and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Drizzle mixture over popcorn, stirring to distribute evenly. Spread popcorn on a cookie sheet to cool.
- Heat the milk chocolate chips and shortening or vegetable oil in microwave for 30 seconds, stirring and microwaving an additional 30 seconds if necessary, until melted.
- Drizzle chocolate over the peanut butter popcorn with a spoon. Allow chocolate to harden. Then break up the larger chunks of popcorn and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.