Grown-up S’mores Bars are the excuse you’ve been waiting for to revel in the gooey, chocolate-y goodness of your childhood. They’re indoor s’mores, which means no waiting for a camp-out. And our version adds a caramel drizzle to dark chocolate, a decadent graham cracker crust, and toasted marshmallows to make an elegant dessert the kids, quite frankly, are not ready for.
Inspired? Create and share with #MyHallmark.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and press into the bottom of a 9x9 baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool while you complete the next step.
- Melt the dark chocolate chips with the condensed milk over low heat, stirring constantly, until all the chocolate is melted. Pour over the graham cracker crust and chill for one hour or until the chocolate is hardened.
- Turn broiler to high. Add a layer of marshmallows to cover the top of the chocolate layer. Broil marshmallows until just brown. (Watch them carefully—this may take as little as two minutes.)
- Warm the caramel sauce and salt for 20-30 seconds in the microwave, stir, and drizzle over the marshmallows.
- Cut into slices with a buttered knife and serve.