This Pumpkin Crunch Cake recipe is a scrumptious twist on pumpkin pie, adding a little variety to your Thanksgiving dessert table. The goodness on top becomes a crunchy bottom crust. This pumpkin dessert recipe is super easy, and yet, so impressive! Don't be surprised if this becomes a Thanksgiving favorite.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @hallmarkstores.
- Grease bottom of 9-by-13-inch (or 9-in. round easy-release) pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together everything but the cake mix, pecans and butter. Pour into the pan, and then sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over the pumpkin mixture.
- Sprinkle top with chopped pecans, and then drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 to 55 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool. Loosen edges with knife. Place a platter on top of the pan, and then invert the cake so the top of the cake is now the bottom crust. Top with whipped cream.