Bratwurst and bacon join forces to blindside your taste buds in our Li'l Pigskins appetizer recipe perfect for your next football party. Bratwurst is simmered in beer, cut into bite-sized pieces, wrapped in bacon, and then glazed with a sweet and spicy sauce. Go for extra points with our free printables to flag these addictive bacon-wrapped brat bites on the buffet table.
Inspired? Create and share with #hallmark.
For the brats
For the glaze
- Soak the skewers in water while preparing the brats.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Pierce brats and place in a pan. Pour beer over the brats. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until brats are no longer pink inside.
- Remove pan from heat. Cut each brat into 4 equal pieces.
- Wrap each brat bite in a half slice of bacon and secure with skewer. Place on a cookie sheet.
- To make the glaze, combine brown sugar, yellow mustard, soy sauce and sriracha sauce until smooth. Brush each brat with a generous amount.
- Bake glazed brats 17 to 20 minutes, turning once halfway through and basting as needed with extra glaze.
- Serve with hot, yellow and honey mustards.