Chocolate Crinkle Cookies show up at all kinds of gatherings, from Christmas dinners to Valentine's Day parties to school birthday celebrations. When you taste them, it's not hard to understand why. Chocolate Crinkle Cookies deliver a chocolatey delight with every bite.
Inspired? Create and share with #hallmark.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl.
- In a large bowl, use a mixer to blend together the oil and granulated sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the melted chocolate and the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture gradually. Mix until the dough is well combined and a little stiff.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Pour your confectioners’ sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick liner.
- When dough is chilled, make 1-inch balls by rolling a spoonful of dough in your hand.
- Roll each dough ball in confectioners’ sugar and place on the lined baking sheet about 1 to 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes (take them out after 10 minutes if you want them soft and gooey), and then let cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing.
Tip: This recipe requires the dough to chill for 30 minutes.