Linzer cookies are fruit tarts in cookie form. Our Raspberry Linzer Cookie recipe features a raspberry jam filling and a dainty cutout heart. You can use this Raspberry Linzer Cookie recipe, though, with lots of different fillings and cutout shapes. With the powdered sugar sprinkles on top, you'll want to lift your pinkie finger when you eat them!
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @hallmarkstores.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1 cup of the confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix well.
- Sift the flour and cornstarch together. Add to the butter mixture and blend well. Mix in the walnuts. Gather the dough into a ball, wrap in waxed paper or plastic wrap, and chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough ¼ inch thick. Using a 2-inch round cookie cutter, cut out cookies and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Gather the scraps, reroll, and cut out more cookies. Chill the cookies for 15 minutes. For half the cookies, cut out a small pattern from the middle.
- Bake the cookies for 13 to 15 minutes, until they are evenly and lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Sift the remaining ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar into a bowl and coat the cookies on one side. Spread each solid cookie with ¼ teaspoon jam on the non-sugared side. Top each with a cookie with the cutout center, sugared side out.