16th wedding anniversary gift ideas
Modern: Silverware and silver tableware
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @hallmarkstores.
16th anniversary gifts and ideas for spouses
What to give
- Gift your spouse a candle-making kit. You’ll have fun together and learn a new craft.
- Not into making your own candles? That’s OK. Gift a long-lasting candle and set the mood for a romantic anniversary.
- Warm things up with a silver tea kettle that’s pretty enough to be left out on the counter.
- Treat your spouse to a luxurious coffee-in-bed experience like that of a hotel with coffee service (think pitcher, cup, sugar pot) on a silver tray!
What to write
What to write in a 16th anniversary card
- “I melt for you even after 16 years.”
- “Our marriage is turning 16 years old! I’m just waiting for that new car to show up…”
- “Happy sweet 16th anniversary to an even sweeter spouse.”
What to write about in a 16th anniversary love letter
- 16 things your spouse does that make you melt.
- 16 ideas to help you keep your love burning hot.
- How your spouse has surprised you in the past year of marriage.
How to celebrate
- Go on a silly date to a wax museum. Don’t forget to take photos next to your favorites!
- Take an etiquette class together and finally learn which fork is used for which course!
- Take a candle-making class (watch out for hot wax).
16th anniversary gifts and ideas for friends and family
What to give
- Give your favorite couple wax seals monogrammed with their initials to use when sending cards.
- Send them a monogrammed silver ice bucket or bottle chiller to use at their next party.
- Gift a pretty silver serving tray or bowl for their dining room table.
What to write in a 16th anniversary card
- “Happiest of anniversaries to a couple we hold close to our hearts.”
- “You two have set a great example for what a happy marriage looks like.”
- “Cheers to 16 years! Give your love the keys and drive off into the sunset.”
Looking for more anniversary gift ideas? Check out our anniversary gifts by year page.
Shop AnniversarySee all
You may also likeSee more
Anniversary Anniversary gifts by year
There are a lot of anniversary gift lists out there. Most hit the major milestones with traditional and modern the...
Arts, Crafts & DIY How to make a DIY money lei for graduations, weddings, birthdays and more
In Hawaii, people give leis to celebrate lots of different occasions. A money lei is a great way to celebrate a gr...
Birthday What to write in a birthday card
Some people have no problem coming up with what to write in a birthday card. Just hand them a pen and they’ll effortl...
Father's Day The history of Father's Day and how Hallmark cards for dads have evolved
We all know Father’s Day is the holiday that falls about a month after Mother’s Day. Mostly because that’s when famil...
Father's Day Free printable Father's Day coloring pages for Dad's #1 fans
Dads take so much pride in their kids’ talents. And if you know a dad who’s been claiming his son or daughter was the...
Mother's Day Free, printable Mother's Day coloring pages to make Mom's heart melt
Moms treasure their kids’ art like no one else. So what better way to brighten up Mom’s special day than by gifting h...
Mother's Day The history of Mother’s Day: Fraught beginnings and fun facts
Ah, Mother’s Day. The one day a year we spoil the women who spoil us the other 364. I think we all can agree Mother’s...
Mother's Day Mother's Day without Mom: Remembering lost loved ones with new traditions
This Mother’s Day will be my third without my mom. She died just before Thanksgiving and Christmas in 2020, which mad...
Spring History of Administrative Professionals Day
Three people led the effort to create Administrative Professionals Day/Week: Mary Barrett, a past president of the...
Easter Easter Eggs-travaganza: Our favorite Easter egg ideas
When it comes to Easter, we think both adults AND kids deserve to have some fun and make fabulous, way-too-pretty-to-...
St. Patrick's Day Free Printable St. Patrick’s Day Coloring Pages for Your Little Leprechauns
If you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, then you know it’s all about sharing love, luck and fun. And what could be more f...
Easter Free printable Easter coloring pages to brighten up your celebration
One of the best things about Easter—in addition to faith, family and food—is all the colors. So we figured we’d throw...
Spring History of Teacher Appreciation Week
People in the United States started celebrating National Teacher Day in 1953 when Eleanor Roosevelt persuaded Cong...
Spring History of Nurses Day
In 1953, an official with the U.S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare proposed that President Dwight D. E...
Congratulations Rewards for Kids: 10 Parents Share Their Tips for Celebrating Achievements
One of the most important tools parents have to shape their kids’ behavior is the power of positive feedback. But as ...
Congratulations How to Give a Toast from the Heart
At some point in your life, you’ll need to give a toast. You might get advance notice as a Maid of Honor or host o...
Congratulations How to Say Congratulations (Even When You'd Really Rather Not)
Congratulating others is easy and fun, right? Like when your friend worked really hard and got that awesome job ma...
New Year's Guilt-Free New Year's Resolutions
“New Year’s resolutions.” To some, those words are filled with pure possibility...an invitation to start anew, comple...
New Year's New Year's Resolution Ideas for Groups
New Year’s resolutions are pretty lonely deals. It’s just you and that thing you have to live up to. Ack! No wonde...
Christmas A Christmas tribute: meaningful ways to weave memories of lost loved ones into new holiday traditions
For many of us, Christmas is the time of year when we miss our lost loved ones the most. Finding ways to memoriali...