2nd wedding anniversary gift ideas
Read on for unique ideas for giving 2nd anniversary gifts—as well writing anniversary messages and celebrating the happy occasion.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @hallmarkstores.
2nd anniversary gifts and ideas for spouses
- Let them know you appreciate their individuality by giving them a T-shirt or hoodie (or a few!) featuring a favorite sports team, rock band, hobby, movie or TV show.
- Give pajamas or socks with a whimsical print that makes them smile.
- For an even more modern spin on china, give a porcelain vase or platter from a local potter.
- Treat them to a plush terry bathrobe and tuck an extra surprise in the pocket, like fine jewelry or a new cell phone.
- At a local shop or craft show, find a handmade quilt—a piece of art they can snuggle up in.
- Or find another piece of art to keep them warm and cozy—a vintage tea set.
What to write
What to write in a 2nd anniversary card
- “It’s only been two years, and yet we’ve come so far. We’ve grown together in beautiful ways and learned to love each other through life’s ups and downs.”
- “I was really proud of the way you (insert proud moment here). It’s just one of the many things you did that made me fall in love all over again.””When was our honeymoon supposed to end? Because to me, it’s still going.”
What to write about in a 2nd anniversary love letter
- The highlight of your year together
- Things they did this year that made you proud to be their partner
- A challenging moment, and how you got through it together
How to celebrate
- Set goals for yourself as a couple: What do you want to accomplish in this next year of marriage? What do you want to leave behind?
- Decorate matching T-shirts—since cotton is the traditional second anniversary gift—with an arrow pointing to one side, and add “I’m with him,” “I’m with her” or “I’m with them.”
More ideas for anniversaries
- Don’t forget the card! No celebration is complete without a keepsake-worthy card with a handwritten message telling your partner just how much their love means.
- For help putting your feelings into your own words, see what to write in an anniversary card and how to write a love letter.
- Check out these creative anniversary dates and anniversary traditions.
2nd anniversary gifts and ideas for friends and family
- Give bright beach towels with a note: “Every day’s a day at the beach when you’re in love…well, almost, anyway!”
- Or tea towels with a funny or sweet message or design.
- Look for matching mugs with their initials.
What to write in a 2nd anniversary card
- “Two years, two hearts…too amazing!”
- “May this next year of marriage bring you fun, excitement, romance and contentment.”
- “It’s so clear: your love is growing stronger by the day.”
Shop 2nd Anniversary Gifts
You may also likeSee more
Anniversary Anniversary gifts by year
There are a lot of anniversary gift lists out there. Most hit the major milestones with traditional and modern the...
Arts, Crafts & DIY How to make a DIY money lei for graduations, weddings, birthdays and more
In Hawaii, people give leis to celebrate lots of different occasions. A money lei is a great way to celebrate a gr...
Birthday What to write in a birthday card
Some people have no problem coming up with what to write in a birthday card. Just hand them a pen and they’ll effortl...
Father's Day The history of Father's Day and how Hallmark cards for dads have evolved
We all know Father’s Day is the holiday that falls about a month after Mother’s Day. Mostly because that’s when famil...
Father's Day Free printable Father's Day coloring pages for Dad's #1 fans
Dads take so much pride in their kids’ talents. And if you know a dad who’s been claiming his son or daughter was the...
Mother's Day Free, printable Mother's Day coloring pages to make Mom's heart melt
Moms treasure their kids’ art like no one else. So what better way to brighten up Mom’s special day than by gifting h...
Mother's Day The history of Mother’s Day: Fraught beginnings and fun facts
Ah, Mother’s Day. The one day a year we spoil the women who spoil us the other 364. I think we all can agree Mother’s...
Mother's Day Mother's Day without Mom: Remembering lost loved ones with new traditions
This Mother’s Day will be my third without my mom. She died just before Thanksgiving and Christmas in 2020, which mad...
Spring History of Administrative Professionals Day
Three people led the effort to create Administrative Professionals Day/Week: Mary Barrett, a past president of the...
Easter Easter Eggs-travaganza: Our favorite Easter egg ideas
When it comes to Easter, we think both adults AND kids deserve to have some fun and make fabulous, way-too-pretty-to-...
St. Patrick's Day Free Printable St. Patrick’s Day Coloring Pages for Your Little Leprechauns
If you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, then you know it’s all about sharing love, luck and fun. And what could be more f...
Easter Free printable Easter coloring pages to brighten up your celebration
One of the best things about Easter—in addition to faith, family and food—is all the colors. So we figured we’d throw...
Spring History of Teacher Appreciation Week
People in the United States started celebrating National Teacher Day in 1953 when Eleanor Roosevelt persuaded Cong...
Spring History of Nurses Day
In 1953, an official with the U.S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare proposed that President Dwight D. E...
Congratulations Rewards for Kids: 10 Parents Share Their Tips for Celebrating Achievements
One of the most important tools parents have to shape their kids’ behavior is the power of positive feedback. But as ...
Congratulations How to Give a Toast from the Heart
At some point in your life, you’ll need to give a toast. You might get advance notice as a Maid of Honor or host o...
Congratulations How to Say Congratulations (Even When You'd Really Rather Not)
Congratulating others is easy and fun, right? Like when your friend worked really hard and got that awesome job ma...
New Year's Guilt-Free New Year's Resolutions
“New Year’s resolutions.” To some, those words are filled with pure possibility...an invitation to start anew, comple...
New Year's New Year's Resolution Ideas for Groups
New Year’s resolutions are pretty lonely deals. It’s just you and that thing you have to live up to. Ack! No wonde...
Christmas A Christmas tribute: meaningful ways to weave memories of lost loved ones into new holiday traditions
For many of us, Christmas is the time of year when we miss our lost loved ones the most. Finding ways to memoriali...