Read on for unique ideas for giving 9th anniversary gifts—as well writing anniversary messages and celebrating the happy occasion.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @hallmarkstores.
- Pack a picnic basket with all of their favorite things and surprise them with lunch or dinner in the park.
- Plant a pot of pussy willows for the porch or patio.
- Get a leather keyring monogrammed with their initials.
- Assemble a small, custom-made gift basket with a favorite hobby (such as fishing, knitting or reading) as a theme.
- Buy wicker furniture for the porch or patio—a perfect spot for enjoying snacks and drinks at sunset.
- Plant a willow tree in your yard.
- If there ever was one, this is the moment for matching leather jackets. Biker, bomber, aviator…so many choices.
What to write
What to write in a 9th anniversary card
- “We’ve been through so much, and yet, nine years has gone by in the blink of an eye.”
- “Nine years of making me laugh…nine years of wiping my tears…nine years of finding the beauty in every day together.”
- “You’re still the incredible person I feel in love with…and somehow, so much more.”
What to write about in a 9th anniversary letter
- Nine things you see when you look in their eyes
- Nine ways they make you weak in the knees
- Nine things they do that make you crack up, every time
How to celebrate
- Make a playlist of your favorite home movies from over the years and watch them on the big screen.
- Create your own crossword puzzle for your partner. Make each clue about a memory only you two would remember.
- Take a basket weaving class together. No need to make it underwater.
More ideas for anniversaries
- Don’t forget the card! No celebration is complete without a keepsake-worthy card with a handwritten message telling your partner just how much their love means.
- For help putting your feelings into your own words, see what to write in an anniversary card and how to write a love letter.
- Check out these creative anniversary dates and anniversary traditions.
What to give
Fill a basket with things you know they’ll love. Some ideas:
- The makings of a charcuterie board and a bottle of wine
- Popcorn, boxes of candy and a snuggly throw for movie night
- Graham crackers, chocolate bars, marshmallows and hot cocoa mix for a night around the fire pit
What to write in a 8th anniversary card
- “Raising a glass to you today—congratulations on nine years of love!”
- “You guys really know what you’re doing with this whole ‘wedded bliss’ thing.”
- “So happy to your favorite couple friends! (We won’t tell the others.)”
The College Survival Guide was created to turn the most-requested high school graduation present (money) into a de...
Lunar New Year is celebrated by an estimated 2 billion people around the world. It’s a holiday that marks the arrival...
There are so many way to celebrate Black History Month. And we absolutely love the ones that can be done as a family ...
Parties & Entertaining Photo-worthy holiday tablescapes: 40+ Christmas, Hanukkah and New Year’s Eve table decoration ideas
I’ve always loved interior design. This has resulted in hours of gazing at stylish tablescapes, reveling in the color...
Christmas 3 Christmas simmer pot recipes to help you feel like the ultimate host this holiday season
Have you ever gone to someone’s house for a cookie exchange, Christmas party or other holiday gathering, walked in th...