So you’ve found the perfect journal and you’ve got your favorite pen handy. Wondering where to begin? Don’t worry. If the blank page is staring you down, we put together a list of inspiring everyday prompts to help you get unstuck and start filling your mindfulness journal.
From reliving childhood memories to giving gratitude for what you’ve got and contemplating what it means to grow old or creating messages to your future self, these mindfulness journal topics are great for any life stage.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @HallmarkStores.
- What was your favorite book as a kid? Write about what it meant to you.
- Did you have any recurring dreams as a kid?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- Describe your childhood bedroom.
- If you could tell your childhood self one thing, it would be…
- Write a letter to your younger self. (You pick the age.)
- What was the imaginary world of your childhood like?
- Something you knew about as a kid but only understand now that you’re an adult.
- Your current favorites: restaurant, recipe, show, podcast, book, etc.
- What are your current favorite ways to waste time?
- Your guiltiest guilty pleasures.
- Write about your favorite time of day.
- What would you like to start spending more/less time on?
- What activity would you miss most if you could no longer do it?
- When did you realize you were really good at something?
- Write about the best decision you made this week/month/year.
- What will you remember most about today/this year/this time in your life?
- Write down a daydream you recently had.
- What are your life’s defining moments?
- Three things you did well today. Three things you want to do better tomorrow.
- Describe a little moment of peace and calm from the past week.
- What things are you especially grateful for today/this month/this year?
- Today you are proud of…
- What really scares you right now?
- Something that happened today that you hope will happen again.
- Write about an energizing moment from today/the past week.
- What are the perks of the age you are now?
- Getting older is…
- How your life is like (or unlike) the way you daydreamed it would be.
- In 30 years, you’ll probably still be…
- Stuff you won’t give a <bleep!> about when you’re 80…
- What do you think you’ll be like in ten years?
- Write a letter to your older self. (You pick the age.)
- Which newer person in your life today do you believe will be even more important to you in 10 years?
- Who is somebody who has made you feel special?
- Write a letter forgiving someone who’s wronged you. You can send it or not.
- Who are the people who can always make you smile?
- The first person to break my heart was…
- Who are the people who make up your support crew?
- The person you look up to the most and why.
- Write about something you can’t believe you thought was so important at the time.
- Think of an important decision you’ve made. How would your life be different if you had chosen the opposite?
- Today you wish you had done __________. Tomorrow you will…
- What’s the biggest lesson you learned in the past year?
- Write some advice you need to hear in this moment.
- Write a letter to future you.
- A visualization of your goals.
- What is one action you can take tomorrow that will move you toward your goal?
- What trips do you want to take? Who will you bring with you?
- What do you imagine you’ll be doing on this day a year from now?
- What do you hope your kids/grandkids will remember about you?
- My best year ever would include these things:
Christmas A Christmas tribute: meaningful ways to weave memories of lost loved ones into new holiday traditions
For many of us, Christmas is the time of year when we miss our lost loved ones the most. Finding ways to memoriali...
It’s time to make your tree show up and show out! You’ve scouted out your space, decided on the size and nature (or f...
In this first article, we’re gonna get into how to assess your space, how to choose a bomb tree within your budget, a...
Get ready for a year of merriment, brightness and Keepsake Ornaments—we just need you! Enrollment for 2023 KOC member...
Running out of gift wrap is usually a bad thing. But there’s one time of year when I get really, really excited about...