50 topics for your mindfulness journal
So you’ve found the perfect journal and you’ve got your favorite pen handy. Wondering where to begin? Don’t worry. If the blank page is staring you down, we put together a list of inspiring everyday prompts to help you get unstuck and start filling your mindfulness journal.
From reliving childhood memories to giving gratitude for what you’ve got and contemplating what it means to grow old or creating messages to your future self, these mindfulness journal topics are great for any life stage.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @HallmarkStores.
Look back at your childhood
- What was your favorite book as a kid? Write about what it meant to you.
- Did you have any recurring dreams as a kid?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- Describe your childhood bedroom.
- If you could tell your childhood self one thing, it would be…
- Write a letter to your younger self. (You pick the age.)
- What was the imaginary world of your childhood like?
- Something you knew about as a kid but only understand now that you’re an adult.
Capture all your favorite things
- Your current favorites: restaurant, recipe, show, podcast, book, etc.
- What are your current favorite ways to waste time?
- Your guiltiest guilty pleasures.
- Write about your favorite time of day.
- What would you like to start spending more/less time on?
- What activity would you miss most if you could no longer do it?
Dive into significant life moments
- When did you realize you were really good at something?
- Write about the best decision you made this week/month/year.
- What will you remember most about today/this year/this time in your life?
- Write down a daydream you recently had.
- What are your life’s defining moments?
- Three things you did well today. Three things you want to do better tomorrow.
Embrace your emotions
- Describe a little moment of peace and calm from the past week.
- What things are you especially grateful for today/this month/this year?
- Today you are proud of…
- What really scares you right now?
- Something that happened today that you hope will happen again.
- Write about an energizing moment from today/the past week.
Explore what it means to grow older
- What are the perks of the age you are now?
- Getting older is…
- How your life is like (or unlike) the way you daydreamed it would be.
- In 30 years, you’ll probably still be…
- Stuff you won’t give a <bleep!> about when you’re 80…
- What do you think you’ll be like in ten years?
- Write a letter to your older self. (You pick the age.)
Examine your meaningful relationships
- Which newer person in your life today do you believe will be even more important to you in 10 years?
- Who is somebody who has made you feel special?
- Write a letter forgiving someone who’s wronged you. You can send it or not.
- Who are the people who can always make you smile?
- The first person to break my heart was…
- Who are the people who make up your support crew?
- The person you look up to the most and why.
Remember life lessons learned
- Write about something you can’t believe you thought was so important at the time.
- Think of an important decision you’ve made. How would your life be different if you had chosen the opposite?
- Today you wish you had done __________. Tomorrow you will…
- What’s the biggest lesson you learned in the past year?
- Write some advice you need to hear in this moment.
- Write a letter to future you.
- A visualization of your goals.
- What is one action you can take tomorrow that will move you toward your goal?
- What trips do you want to take? Who will you bring with you?
- What do you imagine you’ll be doing on this day a year from now?
- What do you hope your kids/grandkids will remember about you?
- My best year ever would include these things:
Shop All JournalsSee all
You may also likeSee more
Recipes Say hello to summer with this pretty rosemary paloma cocktail
If summer had a single defining flavor, it would have to be citrus. From lemonade to key lime pie, that mouth-waterin...
Gifting All aboard for celebrating Disney’s 100th anniversary!
Keepsake Artist Gregor Benedetti reveals the Disney 100th Anniversary Special Edition Figurine, complete with lights ...
Anniversary Anniversary gifts by year
There are a lot of anniversary gift lists out there. Most hit the major milestones with traditional and modern the...
Arts, Crafts & DIY How to make a DIY money lei for graduations, weddings, birthdays and more
In Hawaii, people give leis to celebrate lots of different occasions. A money lei is a great way to celebrate a gr...
Birthday Summer birthday party ideas for everyone
Summer is a great time for outdoor get-togethers. You’re getting fresh air, seeing friends and family, and getting so...
Summer What is Disability Pride Month?: Understanding its importance and finding ways to celebrate
The Americans with Disabilities Act was enacted July 26, 1990 and was the first law in U.S. history to protect people...
Christmas Celebrating 50 years of Keepsake Ornaments, Episode 2: Fueling Fandom
This month in our historical 50th Anniversary series, we take a look back at our earliest fan favorites. Keepsake Orn...
Calendar Flip A (Very) Warm Hello! August 2023 Holidays and Observances
Is it hot enough for you? Well, we’re here to add some extra sizzle. It’s time to flip the calendar page, check ou...
Calendar Flip Welcome Autumn! September 2023 Holidays and Observances
Fall brings cooler nights, cute sweaters, homecoming games and tailgate parties. It’s time to flip the calendar page,...
Calendar Flip Let’s celebrate, y’all! July 2023 Holidays and Celebrations
Get ready for friends, family and fireworks—and break out the red, white and blue for Independence Day. It’s time ...
Card Ideas Card messages for kids: What to write in a kid’s holiday card and more
My 3-year-old was having a hard time at preschool drop-off. Dragging his feet. Asking to stay home. This went on a fe...
Christmas Celebrating 50 years of Keepsake Ornaments, Episode 1: Start Dreaming!
2023 marks 50 years of Keepsake Ornaments. We are so excited to celebrate ALL year with ALL of you! Each month, you’l...
Birthday What to write in a birthday card
Some people have no problem coming up with what to write in a birthday card. Just hand them a pen and they’ll effortl...
Gifting 25+ “just because” gift ideas to show you care
I love giving gifts, and it’s easy to do it on birthdays and holidays. But when I really want to flex my gift-giving ...
Gift Wrapping How to use fabric wrap: A step-by-step guide for our reusable wrap
Don't you just love reusing gift bags? Well, now Hallmark has reusable gift wrap, too! Using it to wrap your gifts is...
Gift Wrapping 3 creative ways to reuse gift wrap scraps
Picture this: You’ve just finished wrapping a gift, you’re admiring your hard (but fabulous) work, and suddenly reali...
Arts, Crafts & DIY 8 tips on how to take great photos with your iPhone
Photos have been a huge part of capturing memories ever since cameras were invented. And these days, with advanced ca...
Recipes Cool drink recipes for your summer Golden Girls watch parties
We don’t know about you, but we love a good Golden Girls marathon. Maybe it’s the furniture covered in palm fronds. O...
Gifting Gift ideas to celebrate parents
How do you say “I love you” to parents that mean so much—the ones who’ve handled plenty of diaper changes (the really...
Gifting 10 creative ways to give cash
Whether it’s for a birthday, graduation, Christmas or just because you love them and think they deserve a special tre...