Self-care quotes – because you deserve them
Self-care is trending these days, but the idea is not new. You hear it at the beginning of every big journey: Put your own oxygen mask on before attempting to help others. Taking care of yourself is important—especially if you want to take care of the people you love. And every now and then we all could use a reminder, or a poke, or permission to be gentle and nurturing to ourselves. So we went to Hallmark’s writers for a bunch of inspiring, thoughtful, playful, and pithy self-care quotes—because different affirmations work for different kinds of people.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @Hallmark.
“You’re worthy of love” self-care quotes
Have you told you lately that you love you?
Love the person you’ve worked to become.
Love yourself like you are loved.
This year, I will love the work in progress that is me.
More “you’re worthy of love” self-care quotes:
- To thine own self be nice.
- You, too, are one of Nature’s precious creatures.
“You’re awesome” self-care quotes
It’s not your job
to fit yourself into a box.
That’s a cat’s job.
Nurture your spark. Find your uniqueness. Know how much you matter.
More “you’re awesome” self-care quotes:
- When your life is in your own hands, you can shape it into something beautiful.
- You are a sparkly gem in a world of dumb rocks. Sparkle on.
- Let people know what you’re made of! Unless you’re a hot dog.
- I don’t know who ordered the combo platter of amazing, but here I am.
- Let yourself be fun. Be runaway llama fun.
- Dance like you have rhythm.
“You need a break” self-care quotes
An empty tank
will take you
Take time to refuel.
Because it makes me happy.
Let your inner peace out.
When life gives you a dumpster fire,
More “you need a break” self-care quotes:
- Me-time like you mean it.
- Waste today wisely.
- Laughter is like a full-body massage for your soul.
- Aaaaand exhale.
“You could use a pep talk” self-care quotes
Announcing my exercise plan!
Supporting my own dreams.
Lifting my expectations.
Running my own life.
Feel free to get hugely,
about the tiniest little things.
More “you could use a pep talk” self-care quotes:
- Never be careful what you wish for.
- Feed your passion. Feed your spirit. Feed your face. Hey, whatever you need.
- Kick some butt. Have some fun. Blow your own damn mind.
- Every day is a little win.
- It’s pretty simple. Smile more than you frown. Listen more than you speak. Believe more than you doubt. Shower more than you not shower.
“You’re good for the world” self-care quotes
A generous heart always has more to give.
More “you’re good for the world” self-care quotes:
- Your kind of kind is the best kind.
- Hug more. Even if it’s awkwardly.
- A giving heart is a beautiful heart.
- Looking out for number one everyone.
- Be Nice. —The Bible, Extremely Condensed Version
- Do no evil. Speak no evil. Tolerate no evil. Cuddle all kittens.
“You’re enough” self-care quotes
You are doing your best. And it is enough.
More “you’re enough” self-care quotes:
- #GOALS: Awake and vertical.
- Self-motivated. Coffee-assisted.
- I just want to be left alone for the rest of my life or at least until Saturday.
- I’m an amethyst in the rough. Not a diamond, but still pretty good.
Find out the benefits of self-care and bust four of the biggest self-care myths in our Self-care 101 explainer.
Shop CandlesSee all
You may also likeSee more
Care & Concern To Care is Human: Why and How to Show You Care
What motivates any one of us to care about others? And of all the ways there are to care for people, why do we choose...
Care & Concern Be More Caring: Download Our Free Kindness Journal
It’s obvious the world could use more kindness. So this year, why not make “be more caring” your...
Care & Concern Resolve to Show You Care: Make This a Kinder, Happier New Year
Show you care. It’s the one resolution that can improve your relationships, make you happier and healthier, and cr...
Care & Concern What is Self-Care?
You’ve no doubt heard the term “self-care,” but what is it, exactly? Self-care is anything you do intention...
Care & Concern Make a Connection: Ways to Be There When People Need You
It’s the stuff the strongest friendships are made of: supporting each other through good and bad, being grateful f...
Kids How to Teach Kids about Giving
It’s Christmas, and the easiest way to get into the holiday spirit is a little goodwill-sharing. But finding ways ...
Care & Concern How to Be More Caring: Practical Tips from Thoughtful People
You know the caring type: They listen when you talk. They show up when you need them. They remember your birthdays...
Sympathy Food for Friends in Need
Ever had a friend show up with dinner or a treat when you’re having a tough time? It’s just about the nicest feeli...
Valentine's Day Valentine's Day Quotes to Share
Sweet? Sexy? Silly? What kind of love are you in? We’re here with a Valentine’s Day quote to help say what’s in yo...
Valentine's Day Funny Valentine’s Day Quotes You'll Both Love
A sense of humor makes you more attractive—that’s just science. So we rounded up some funny Valentine’s Day quotes...
Lifestyle 10 Ways to Have More Time for Relationships
We get it—you’re busy. But nothing fills your bucket like meaningful moments with friends and family, so we asked ...
Lifestyle Shareable Empathy Quotes You’ll Love
Do you believe caring can change the world? That kindness can make it a better place? That a little bit of empathy...