A uniform hit
Remember the season with sports-jersey pillows
Few presents will give kids a charge like one that celebrates their favorite sport or sports team. Score big with this easy project that transforms sports jerseys into pillows. And how’s this for a win-win: just imagine how neat your closets will be with those old team uniforms fluffed and displayed neatly on your kids’ beds instead!
Here’s a play-by-play on how you can make your own sports-jersey pillow. Tip: These pillows are sure to be a hit with any sports fan. You can use just about any size jersey (or t-shirt), and it’s suitable for men, women, girls and boys—so anyone with a favorite team (or old team uniform) can get in on the action.
What you’ll need
- 1 sports jersey (preferably made of heavy mesh or cotton) or favorite t-shirt
- 1 pillow form (Choose a size based on the size of the shirt you want to use. You should be able to find forms from 14 inches square up to 24 inches square at most craft stores)
- Thread to match the jersey color
- 1 piece of cardboard or heavy-duty paper 1 inch longer and wider than the size of the pillow form
- Marker (washable)
- Printable instruction sheet (click to download the PDF)