You can turn an ordinary package of cinnamon rolls into celebration-worthy treats in just 15 minutes. Bacon Cinnamon rolls please both the sweet and savory crowd. Adding bacon bits to simple frosted dough gives these a savory twist that makes them perfect for breakfast or Father’s Day brunch.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @hallmarkstores.
- Preheat the oven according to package directions. Spray a 9”round or 8” square pan with cooking spray.
- Carefully remove the cinnamon rolls in one long tube from their container, taking care not to separate the individual rolls. Unroll the dough as far as it will go into a long sheet, cinnamon side up.
- Heat the bacon bits in a small skillet over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes, until crispy. Remove to a paper towel and pat to absorb the excess grease. Return the bacon to the pan, turn off the heat and mix with 1 Tbsp maple syrup.
- Set aside 3 Tbsp of the bacon bits for later. Spread the remaining bacon evenly over the surface of the unrolled dough. Roll the entire sheet of dough up again, then separate it into the pre-cut individual rolls, and place about an inch apart in pan. Bake according to package directions.
- While the rolls are baking, combine the icing and maple syrup in a small bowl. Microwave for 10 seconds and stir.
- When the rolls have baked and are a very light brown, remove and drizzle with icing. Top with the additional bacon bits and serve warm.