Go long on flavor with this easy pulled-pork recipe made in the crock pot. Pork shoulder gets a rub of sweet and smoky spices and then slow cooks to fork-tender perfection. Pickles, jalapeños and coleslaw top off these amazing barbecue pulled-pork sandwiches that are sure to be a real crowd-pleaser at your next game-day get-together. Don't forget to add our free printable "Long Bombs" flags to signal they are ready!
Inspired? Create and share with #MyHallmark.
- Pat the roast dry, and then combine all the spices and rub over roast. Let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Place onion slices on the bottom of a large slow cooker and place roast on top. Add chicken broth to the slow cooker and cook roast on high for 6 to 8 hours or on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove roast from cooker. Cut off visible fat and discard. Discard the juices in the cooker.
- Shred the pork using two forks, and then mix with 1 to 1½ cups of barbecue sauce. Return to the cooker to keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve on sub rolls topped with pickles, pickled jalapeños and coleslaw.