Easy and Festive Ways to Wrap Christmas Treats
You’ve made lots of festive goodies and have lots of friends…so we’ve got cute, easy ideas for wrapping Christmas treats. We gave the gift-wrap team some hard-to-wrap snacks and asked for their help. See results and how-tos below!
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @HallmarkStores.
Supplies to wrap Christmas treats
- Wrapping paper
- Gift tag seals
- Curling ribbon
- Holiday cards
- Double-stick tape
- Waxed paper
How to wrap Christmas treat snack cones
- Cut a rectangle of wrapping paper twice as wide as it is high.
- Fold it in half to make a square with the design on the outside.
- Put a long piece of double-stick tape along the right edge.
- Pull the top left corner down and curl it under—make a cone by pressing it against the tape.
- Flip it over and fill the cone with holiday munchies.
- Fold the point down over the cone and close it with a self-adhesive gift tag seal.
- Experiment with the size of your rectangle using printer paper or gift wrap scraps: How big or small should it be to hold the right amount of treats? Once you’re happy with it, use it as a template.
- Speed things up and cut multiple rectangles by stacking your gift wrap and cutting with a metal ruler and craft knife.
- Keep your handwriting neat by filling in “to” and “from” on the seals before you stick them on.
- Get an assembly line going: Fold the paper and add the tape, make the cones, add the treats and seal it shut.
How to wrap Christmas treat twists
- Lay out your snacks diagonally in the center of a piece of waxed paper.
- Make sure the paper is big enough to wrap all the way around the goodies about 1 ½ times, with a few inches of overhang on the sides.
- Beginning at the bottom point, roll your treats toward the top and secure with double-stick tape.
- Tie a short piece of ribbon around each end and curl the ribbon with the edge of a scissor blade.
- Cut a rectangle of wrapping paper long enough to wrap around the treats with a little bit of overlap and a little shorter than the width of the roll.
- Wrap the paper around the roll of treats and secure with double-stick tape.
- Finish it with a gift tag seal, if you’d like!
- This technique is also perfect for packaging a stack of cookies or crackers. If you have a tough time getting everything to stay in place in the waxed paper, wrap them in plastic wrap first.
- Give your beautifully wrapped snacks as party favors: Use a variety of complementary gift wrap and pile them on a platter or bundle them in a basket.
DIY envelope liners
Want to add a special holiday wish, thank you or another Christmas message? Don’t forget the card! Add a liner to complement your treat wrap:
- Open the flap.
- Lay the envelope open and flat on the reverse side of a piece of wrapping paper.
- Trace the shape onto the wrapping paper and cut it out.
- Cut a sliver (one-eighth inch or less) off each side and about one-half inch off the bottom.
- Slip the liner into the envelope, design-side up, and close the envelope to crease the liner.
- Open the envelope and tape (or glue) the liner in place.
Have fun sharing your gorgeous Christmas treats! To see these ideas in action and get lots more tips and tricks, check out our post on How to Wrap Christmas Presents.
Shop Gift WrapSee all
You may also likeSee more
Mother's Day Meaningful, personal Mother's Day gift ideas for every mom you know
It can be tough to come up with gift ideas for Mom. Most of us want to give her something meaningful: a gift that sho...
Easter Hippity, hoppity, hooray—Easter’s on its way!
Celebrate Springtime! Bunny’s getting ready for Easter, candy and egg hunts. Along with her companion book, this pair...
Mother's Day What to do when Mother's Day is Mothers' Day: How to celebrate two moms
We announced we were pregnant on Mother's Day. It was the first time my wife Cady and I realized we were about to be ...
Mother's Day The history of Mother’s Day: Fraught beginnings and fun facts
Ah, Mother’s Day. The one day a year we spoil the women who spoil us the other 364. I think we all can agree Mother’s...
Mother's Day Mother's Day without Mom: Remembering lost loved ones with new traditions
This Mother’s Day will be my third without my mom. She died just before Thanksgiving and Christmas in 2020, which mad...
Mother's Day Mother’s Day traditions to start this year
There are infinite ways to celebrate your special lady on Mother’s Day: A self-care spa outing, dinner at her favorit...
Spring What is Arab American Heritage Month?
April is National Arab American Heritage Month, a special time to recognize the achievements of Arab Americans, the h...
Card Ideas What to write: Message ideas for Administrative Professionals Day
Everyone knows that behind every well-run office is a great administrative assistant, and Administrative Professional...
Drinks Sparkling green tea soda
Green tea has been much applauded for its health-giving properties, but it also makes a great base for a sparkling su...
Calendar Flip Woo-Hoo—summer’s here! June 2023 holidays and celebrations
Summer is here in all her glory and we are ready. Warm days and cool drinks lay ahead. So it’s time to flip the ca...
Calendar Flip Yay for May! May 2023 holidays and celebrations
Flowers are blooming, students are graduating and moms are getting some well-deserved appreciation. What a fabulou...
Calendar Flip Welcome back, spring! April 2023 holidays and celebrations
Oh, spring, we’ve missed you most of all. We don’t even care that you bring showers—we’re just excited to be outsi...
Easter Stop, drop and rock with this springtime hen
This brightly colored hen brings the eggs AND belts out the tunes, which basically guarantees she'll be the center of...
Recipes Raise a toast to spring with this sparkling butterfly pea tea
As the first warm evenings of spring return, most of us find ourselves craving a cool drink in a comfy, sun-drenched ...
Spring Free Printable: Cute DIY cross-stitch monogram to decorate envelopes
We love the feeling of finding someone that perfect card—one that says exactly what they need to hear or is sure to m...
Spring The prettiest DIY butterfly cake topper for spring
Does anything say spring like gorgeous butterflies fluttering around? Upgrade all your spring soirees with this lovel...
Spring Easy spring decor idea: DIY mushroom garland
Maybe the kids need a craft to keep busy during all those spring showers. Or maybe you’re looking for a new spring de...
Recipes 5 deviled egg recipes to use up all those Easter eggs
It happens every year—you buy a dozen or more eggs to boil, dye, hide and seek, only to find yourself surprised to fi...
Spring Celebrate new beginnings with a spring picnic party
There’s just something about spring that makes us feel rejuvenated. Maybe it’s all those pretty flowers popping up, o...
Easter Easter basket ideas for all ages: DIY decorations, gifts and more
Excited to get hopping on those Easter baskets? We love to see it. And we love to inspire it, too! So we’ve put toget...