Need an easy Valentine's Day party treat? We've got you covered with this sweet and simple Valentine snack mix. This heart-y treat can be served by the bowlful—or packaged individually for a sweet classroom treat. Microwave popcorn gets party-ready with a white chocolate coating, heart-shaped sprinkles, pretty-in-pink chocolate candies and white-chocolate pretzel twists.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @hallmarkstores.
- Spread the popcorn in a single layer over a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper or foil.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds to prevent burning. If the chocolate is too thick, add up to 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to thin the chocolate to a pourable consistency.
- Pour the white chocolate over the popcorn. With clean hands, toss the popcorn to distribute the chocolate and spread in a single layer again. Evenly scatter the heart-shaped sprinkles over the chocolate.
- Stir the popcorn every 15 minutes for about 45 minutes to an hour, breaking up any clumps.
- After the chocolate has hardened, add the pretzels and stir them into the mix along with the chocolate candies.
Tip: To remove un-popped kernels from your popcorn, shake the bags after removing from the microwave. Tear from the top and scoop the popcorn from the bag, leaving the kernels at the bottom.