Make your Thanksgiving dinner rolls extra festive with this Pumpkin-shaped Yeast Rolls recipe. Using frozen yeast roll dough allows you to spend more time on your other Thanksgiving dishes. In this yeast-roll recipe, you can opt to create sweet rolls by adding cinnamon sugar. Regular or sweet, these yeast rolls will become one of your most popular Thanksgiving side dishes.
Inspired? Create and share with #MyHallmark.
- Set frozen rolls on a greased baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray, and then cover with plastic wrap. Allow to defrost, about 1 hour.
- Flatten each roll slightly and make cuts around the outside toward the center, forming a flower shape. Do not cut all the way to the center of the roll. Cover rolls again and allow to rise another hour
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, make a round indentation at the center of each roll for the stem.
- Beat the egg with a tablespoon of water and brush over each roll. (Note: To make sweet rolls, sprinkle with a generous amount of cinnamon sugar.)
- Bake according to package directions.
- Allow to cool. Add pecan halves for stems.