Almonds and chocolate are all you need to create an almond bark filled with good antioxidants for your sweet tooth. In only a few minutes, an addictive chocolatey candy is born. Beware: You may find yourself making this Chocolate Almond Bark with alarming regularity!
Inspired? Create and share with #MyHallmark.
- Line a 9-inch, square baking pan with aluminum foil, overlapping the edges of the pan.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, toast almonds until they become fragrant and have some brown spots, shaking the pan every few minutes to prevent burning, about 8 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over simmering water. When chocolate has melted, stir in 1 cup of the toasted almonds, reserving the rest. Pour melted chocolate and almond mixture into prepared pan and smooth with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the top of the chocolate with the remaining almonds. Set aside until firm, about 1½ to 2 hours.
- After chocolate is firm, lift out of pan and break into pieces.
- Store at room temperature.