on November 20, 2017
You don’t need a snow day to make a snowman! These double-decker cupcakes are fun to make and even more fun to eat. And you don’t have to bundle up to decorate them.
Yield: 8 cupcakes
Inspired? Create and share with #MyHallmark.
1 box white cake mix
1 can white frosting
8 full-sized white cupcake liners
8 mini white cupcake liners
black pearl/dragee candies
chocolate covered sunflower seeds
sour candy strips
8 sugar ice cream cones
- Follow the instructions on the cake mix to make eight regular and eight miniature cupcakes. Allow to cool completely before decorating.
- Use an offset spatula or flat utensil to spread all cupcakes with white icing.
- With a serrated knife, carefully carve the tops off of the sugar cones to make 1 1/2” long cones.
- Use black pearl candies/dragees to decorate the mini cupcakes with snowman-style “coal” eyes and smiles. Use an orange chocolate covered sunflower seed for each nose.
- Use a glop of frosting to attach each mini cupcake at a 90 degree angle onto a large cupcake.
- Use more frosting to attach a cone hat to each snowman.
- Cut sour candy strips into shorter lengths and fringe the ends. Wrap around the snowmen’s “necks” as scarves.